Chapter 137

Lucy’s POV

One Year Later.

Well, almost. 10th April to be precise.

Where do I even begin?

Well, I’ve almost finished my first year of college and it feels like yesterday when I left high school. To think this time last year I was revising none stop for my exams, I wasn’t even with Conor, and in a couple more months, I’d be riding to prom in a party bus with Conor, Alex, Lois, Leila, Liv and Charlotte. It’s crazy.

Prom was actually pretty shit. The best part was the journey there and the after party afterwards. Prom in the UK isn’t the really cute stuff you see in movies where the guy asks the girl to be his date and they ride off into the sunset in a horse and carriage.

No, we basically got there, had a meal with the whole year, talked and danced like lunatics for the rest of the night. Well, our group did anyway. Maybe that’s why I hated prom so much. I mean, besides from the fact I wasted over £100 on a really fancy dress that Conor wouldn’t stop complimenting me about, I only know around 20 people in the year... Maybe less to be honest. Give me a break, I only started the damn school at the beginning of Year 11.

My life’s changed around so much now. For starters, I’ve dyed my hair. It’s not some wild, exotic colour so don’t get too excited. It’s just a caramel colour now rather than it being dark brown. I have a few blonde highlights.

College is going well. It’s pretty boring to be honest. I never thought not seeing Jack, Mike, Conor, Alex and Ben around school everyday could bore me so much. I miss every single one of them, even Ben. We still haven’t spoken since that horrible night. I see him every now and then at parties but that’s it really. Him and Jack are still best mates though.

Aw, Jack’s in his final year of high school! We’ve barely met up because he’s so caught up with revision. It sucks but I won’t distract him just for a bit of entertainment. I’m glad he’s actually taking his exams seriously unlike his brother.

Speaking of which, we’re still together. How exciting did that sound? No, “yeah we’re still going strong” or “he’s still sneaking into my room late at night on a school night because he hasn’t seen me all day”. Our relationship’s pretty crap to be honest.

I mean, I still love him and he still loves me but we never see each other. Like, ever... The last time I saw him was in March for Leila’s birthday party. We text quite a bit but he’s always ‘too busy’ to see me. I don’t make a fuss about it because I completely understand that he’s taking his music course seriously. He’s just caught up on work at the moment. It’s been a lot worse since Jack’s started revising too because now that Jack’s not inviting me over, I don’t get to see Conor.

It really sucks but at least we still call and text at least once a week. I’m sure things will get better with summer coming up.

Oh, and guess what? I have a job! Yeah, you heard correctly. It’s nothing special though. Well, I think it is seeing as I get free hot chocolate’s every day. One free hot chocolate should I say. Damn, this sounds like a pretty bad job now. Anyway, I got myself a job at Starbucks.

I work every day from 5pm till 9pm. I honestly love it. I love all the staff there. I’m good mates with half of them because they’re around my age. They come to my house every now and then after work because I live so close to the cafe. My house is a pretty convenient place to live in Brighton.

It’s in Brighton centre, literally so it’s near town, the beach, the club... Damn, the club. I haven’t been there since... since the night Conor broke up with me with Zac. I haven’t heard from him for a while too. He got back in touch with Conor at the end of last year but Conor just blew him off because he “couldn’t be fucked with his shit”. That’s Conor in a nutshell.