Chapter 135

“Lucy, wake up” Mum violently shakes me.

“This better be an emergency” I mutter, slowly opening my eyes and stretching out my body.

“Your Grandma’s here” she whispers loudly making my eyes shoot open. Now I’m awake.

“Why?” I gasp.

“She just turned up five minutes ago. Said she has you a present” she shrugs. I groan, slowly getting out of bed.

“Can you not just say I’m still asleep?” I sigh.

As you can probably tell, nobody likes Grandma. She’s so stuck up and looks down on literally everyone. She’s just a horrible person and it’s bad that I don’t feel mean saying that about my own flesh and blood.

“You know what she’s like” she frowns. “Please come down, I can’t be on my own with her”

“But Mum, it’s like-“ I pause to check the time on my phone, “half seven in the morning. Is this even healthy?”

“Course it’s not. But it’s Grandma so get up” she shoves me slightly. I groan, standing up out of bed and stretching.

“What about Conor?” I whisper before she leaves the room, gesturing to Conor still asleep.

“Is that a good idea?” she looks at me in sympathy. Of course not, Grandma will judge me for having a boyfriend too.

“No but I’m not hiding him up here. He’s probably awake now anyway” I shrug, glancing over at him. It doesn’t take a lot of noise to wake up Conor but he usually pretends to be asleep if it’s too early, just so he doesn’t have to make conversation. “You’re awake aren’t you, Con?”

“Mhm” he mumbles, half awake.

“Right, well I’ll give you fifteen minutes to get ready. Up to you what you do with him” she shrugs, making her way downstairs.

“Please come down” I beg Conor.

“It’s too fucking early for this” he groans, opening his eyes and sitting up. “How bad is she?”

“Come and find out” I shrug. She’s pretty bad.

“Strangely, I want to meet the asshole” he mutters, climbing out of bed. I chuckle, going over to my mirror and making my hair more presentable. If she thinks I’m actually making effort with her then she’s wrong. I’m sorting out my image right now so I’m not an embarrassment. I couldn’t care less what Grandma thinks of me anyway.

She moved to London quite a while back which is probably the only reason why she’s come down to Brighton – because she lives close. I haven’t seen her in about 3 years now. She never came to Cheshire since she moved but I weren’t complaining. All she ever does is judge me. I’ll make a damn impression now, just watch.

“You ready?” Conor asks, running his fingers through his hair. He looks so cute first thing in the morning.

“I guess” I shrug, walking out of the room with him and leaving Eleanor and Jack on the blow up bed in my room also.

It takes a damn earthquake to wake those two up so I’m not even going to bother. I have Conor as company now so I’m not fussed. Eleanor hates her so they’ve had a lucky escape really. They’ll be thanking me.

“Wait” I snap at Conor, taking hold of his arm.

“Yeah?” he frowns, turning to me.

“Don’t get offended by what she says” I warn him and he rolls my eyes.