Chapter 120

Conor’s POV

I knock on Lucy’s front door three times, trying to keep calm, assuming that Jack’s in the house with her. Although, if she doesn’t respond in fifteen seconds, I’ll knock much harder. It feels weird being back here after so long. I actually miss it.

I listen into her house to try and hear any movement to see if they’re ignoring me or something, and I finally pick up on a few muttered words. Suddenly, I hear loud thuds from the stairs, as if someone’s tumbling down them. What the fuck’s going on?

“Lucy? Open the door!” I panic, banging on the door with force. “Open the fucking door before I knock it down” I threat. If she is okay, she’ll open the door any second now. I know that if she doesn’t respond, there’s something wrong and I’m definitely prepared to kick down her door in ten seconds. “Lucy, I’ll give you ten seconds before I kick it in” I bang on the door again. Before I can start counting down, the door opens and I’m greeted by Ben. He looks at me in panic, sweat brimming his forehead.

I look behind him and see Lucy led at the bottom of the stairs, unconscious. My face drops and I ball my fists in anger.

“Conor I-“

“What the fuck have you done!?” I scream, pushing him out of my way and walking over to Lucy. I bend down and check she’s still breathing by putting my ear to her mouth. Relief washes over me when I feel her softly breathing. “You did this!” I turn around and see him staring at me with the same look he gave me when he opened the door.

“No, she fell and I-I tried to stop her” he stutters.

“What the fuck are you doing here!?” I grit my teeth together, throwing a punch at his nose, making him stumble back and fall to the floor.

Before I can stop myself from letting this break out into a huge fight, I get down next to him and keep throwing punch after punch at him. I have every right to. He’s in my girlfriend’s fucking house for one, and she’s coincidently ‘fallen’ down the stairs. He’s fucking pushed her.

“Get the fuck off me, you asshole!” he rolls me over, punching me back, each punch getting harder each time.

“What the fuck’s going on!?” Jack shouts, pulling Ben and I away from each other.

“He fucking pushed her!” I pant, standing up from the floor. Where the hell was Jack?

“What?” his face drops. He looks to the ground to see Lucy just lying there.

“She fell!” Ben defends himself. What the fuck was he doing at her house anyway? It’s pretty easy to put this together to be honest. Now that Lucy and I aren’t together, he’s decided to grab the opportunity whilst he could and tried to fucking get with her.

“So you two just decide to fight rather than actually helping her out? You fucking disgust me!” Jack frowns, bending down to Lucy and checking her pulse. I can’t even look at Ben. I know if I do, it’ll just break out into another fight.

“Where were you?” I ask Jack when he sits on the floor next to Lucy. I assume he’s waiting for her to wake up so I’m sure it’s not that serious. We won’t be making any trips to the hospital at least which I’m thankful for. Ben would be fucking joining her in hospital if that happened. I wipe away some blood from my mouth and look down at Lucy’s beautiful face.

I’m trying to keep my cool right now but I’m dying to pick her up and carry her into her bed so she’s more comfortable. I’m dying to just hear that she’s going to be okay. I fucking love her and I couldn’t care for her any more than I do.

“I went to the park to look for you but that twat decided to start a fight before I could even get there” he grinds his teeth together. He looks fairly cleaned up considering he’s just been in a fight. I can see raw cuts on his face but they’re not bleeding.