Hazy

Hoseok was trapped under a table, crying and coughing. Orange flames roared around him. He was stuck, and he was suffocating. He was sad.

He heard someone scream his name. All he could do was let out a soft whimper before he accidentally inhaled a mouthful of smoke and started coughing again.

Suddenly the table shifted. Someone was standing above him. His sadness was replaced with an intense fear.

He heard himself yelling at the person to get out. He knew he had to save the person. Slowly, his vision cleared and he saw a blonde-haired boy. The boy wouldn't leave.

He shoved the table away and grabbed Hoseok. They sprinted through the fire.

Hoseok felt himself slipping away. A desperate, hungry panic ate at his insides. Fear. Pain.

The searing heat was burning his throat and stinging his eyes. Sparks flew everywhere. He was sweating hard. The fire was making everything look wavy and liquidy. Black dots filled his vision. He needed air.

His leg cramped sharply and he stumbled. He couldn't breathe. It was too hot. He couldn't think, he couldn't talk. He couldn't run anymore. Hoseok tripped and fell. He heard himself let out a last soft plea.

"Go without me, go, go."

Blissful blackness took over.

When he woke up, he couldn't remember anything.

"He-- he didn't run by himself! He tried to save me!" he sobbed. His sister was there, soothing him. Saying everything was okay. But nothing was okay. Hoseok didn't know where he was, what happened, what he was saying. He just had a feeling that something was very wrong and the lingering memories drifting away.

"Shhhhh, Hoseokie, everything's okay. Everything's going to be okay."

"I can't remember anything! What happened?!"

Slowly, a week passed. The last feelings disappeared and Hoseok forgot about his panic. He forgot about the person who he knew had tried to save him.

A constant pain grabbed his skull. It hurt a lot to breathe. He blacked out a lot, and the doctors gave him a lot of pills. The pills made everything hazy. He wanted to remember. He knew he had to remember. But he couldn't. It was all too fuzzy.

He had to remember.