Again

Yoongi sat anxiously in a hospital room for the second time in the recent past, fidgeting. At least Hoseok was awake this time.

"Hyung," Hoseok said. Yoongi looked up, and he couldn't ignore the heart monitor or IV drip. "Hyung..."

"Yes, Hoseokie?"

"It was scary."

"You're okay, I'll make sure."

"I barely even ate anything."

"That's okay, if it gets really bad, your parents can get medicine or something."

"But I'm supposed to eat."

"There's therapy..."

"Hyung, I need to remember. I really need to. Please, please can you help me remember...?"

Yoongi looked up, surprised at the change in topic. He saw how serious Hoseok was, so he looked back down and stared at the bed for a long time before he sighed.

"It hurts me too, Hoseok. But okay, for you. Let's go a little at a time, okay? Just a little at a time."

Hoseok nodded and smiled, and Yoongi knew that smile would always speed his heart up a little. Always.

"Well... let's see... you used to play tennis a ton, like, a ton," Yoongi said, smiling softy as Hoseok's grin grew wider with each word. "Once you had this competition, and you were second place."

Yoongi noticed the expression on Hoseok's face and kept quiet, letting him think.

"There were only two teams, right?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes! Yes, you're remembering again! Like the noodles!" Yoongi exclaimed, jumping up from his chair.

"Ah, calm down, hyung, it's just I know that I'm bad at tennis, that's all."

Yoongi sat back down, grinning, because he knew that Hoseok really was starting to remember. With a little help along the way, he'd recover lots of lost memories. With time. His eyes widened as he slowly got an idea.

"You have an idea," Hoseok announced. Yoongi grinned, then pulled out his phone.

"Is he okay--"

"Calm down Dawon, he's fine--" Yoongi glanced at Hoseok, but Hoseok nodded and mouthed I'm fine, not in the hospital. "He's good."

"Why'd you call me then?"

"Uh, do you still have any old videos of Hoseok?"

"Child, what? Do I have videos of my dongsaeng growing up? What do you think?"

"Yes?"

"You're weird, Yoongi."

"I know that. Do you have any of him dancing?"

A pause.

"Yeah, I do. You have an idea, don't you?"

Yoongi grinned at Hoseok, who grinned back.

"Yep," Yoongi said. "Send some to me, please, noona, and thanks."

"Yoongi, you're a very strange--"

Yoongi hung up, grinning slyly. 

a/n: 

ahhhh such a cute gif