Hospital

"He's going to be okay, Yoongi. The doctors already said so eleven times," Dawon said gently.

"I'm scared, Dawon. I'm scared. I'm so scared, I..." Yoongi took a deep breath. "Jin, thanks for driving us, you can go back home now if you want..."

"Nope, I'm staying. I also brought his personal cheer squad. And yours, too."

"You-- what?!"

As if on cue, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook walked in, followed by a very worried and harassed looking Namjoon. They all fell silent when they saw their school star, their warm and happy friend, bright and energetic, lying on a hospital bed, his face barely more colored than the stark white sheets.

"Hyung," Jimin stated, then burst into tears. Yoongi picked him up and hugged him.

"Shh, everything's okay, Jimin. He's going to be okay, the doctors said so."

Taehyung hugged Hoseok even though he didn't know him too well, then took Jungkook and went to sit by Jin. Namjoon just stared.

"When-- how-- why...?"

"Because, Namjoon, I'm a freaking idiot," Yoongi said.

"You...?"

"I'm Dawon, Hoseokie's sister," Dawon said, clearly her throat. Yoongi realized how awkward it must be for her. "Yoongi here has some explaining to do."

Everyone turned to Yoongi, and he broke down, shaking his head.

"Nuh uh. No. Nope. Nuh uh."

So Jin and Dawon ended up telling the story to Namjoon, after making the three youngest ones leave to go back home with the Kims' dad.

"And you didn't tell us?" Namjoon asked. "Yoongi, you know we're here for you. That's why we're here, because we're the bulletproof boy scouts."

"Shut it, Namjoon, that's not the name of our group chat anymore," Jin joked lightly, and Yoongi couldn't help but smile.

"I know you're always here for me. I just didn't want to hurt you guys too..."

"Yoongi, nobody can take that much pain alone."

"O-Okay... I'll tell you guys my problems next time, promise."

Everyone wore a strained smile that covered a worried expression. Eventually, Jin and Namjoon had to leave, and Dawon decided to give Yoongi and Hoseok some quiet time, so she sat outside the room on a bench.

Yoongi watched Hoseok's peaceful, beautiful face, a serene face that must hold so much pain underneath. Hoseok stirred.

"Hoseokie," Yoongi said softly. Hoseok opened his eyes.

"Yoongi? What happened? Where are we?"

"You passed out... we're at a hospital--"

Hoseok's eyes widened with fear and he made a choking noise, then winced.

"I'm so sorry, Hoseokie, but you passed out, and we had to bring you here."

"That's okay, since I still remember... were you scared?"

"Was I scared? Hoseok, was I scared?" Yoongi asked, pulling his chair up right next to the bed. "I was beyond terrified, Hoseok. I was going mad."

"You were terrified? That you would lose me?"

Yoongi turned away, his gut clenching at the thought, but he couldn't think that thought, he never would.

"No. I know I'll never lose you, because you're inside me, you're in my mind and in my heart," Yoongi said softly.

"You too. You're in my mind, not any clear memories, but still in my mind. And you're in my heart, because you're Yoongi hyung, and I will always--"

Yoongi whipped back around and pressed his lips gently to Hoseok's, tears sliding down his cheeks. Hoseok kissed back.

I love you, hyung. 

the little parka hug in the last chapter 

and now this vhope back hug 

so cuteee

just a reminder cuz we all need our hearts to melt (again):