I'm Okay

Yoongi froze.

"What?"

"Fire," Hoseok repeated. "Fire hurts."

"Hoseok..."

"Shut up Yoongi, you saved me from the fire," Hoseok said, trying to sound strong. Trying to sound like everything was okay, because everything was. Right?

"You should really get this looked at by a doctor," Yoongi said, putting his hand on Hoseok's forehead. Hoseok paled.

"No doctor," he said firmly. "No."

"They won't make you forget, but they'll take the pain away," Yoongi said steadily.

"I'm not a kid, Yoongi. I know they'll use meds if they need to, and sometimes meds are strong," Hoseok said. His voice was getting quieter.

"Do you want me to call Dawon now?"

"No."

"I'm not going to watch you lie here and scream again," Yoongi said. Hoseok tried not to whimper.

"Hyung, why did this happen to me?"

"Because I didn't take care of you properly."

"Hyung! No! I didn't mean that..."

"I'm making you see a doctor," Yoongi said firmly. Hoseok shook his head. "Mrs. Jung?" he called out.

"No!" Hoseok hissed.

"Yes? Are you boys okay up there?" came a reply.

"Yes, we are! Never mind!" Hoseok yelled, then curled up.

"What do you mean we're okay?" Yoongi asked incredulously. Hoseok's face was turning paler and his eyes were ablaze with pain and fear. "This is not okay!"

"I-I'm okay," Hoseok whispered.

"No, Hoseok. You're not okay."

"I can't breathe."

Yoongi's eyes widened.

"I'm calling--"

"H-Help, help m-me," Hoseok whispered desperately, trying to take in a breath. "F-F-Fire."

"Shh, Hoseokie, you're not in a fire. I'm right here, there's fresh air. Shh, breathe," Yoongi said soothingly, trying very hard to keep his voice from cracking. 

"Hyung, it h-hurts," Hoseok rasped. His voice was barely coming out.

"It's going to be okay, Hoseokie, shhh," Yoongi said, pulling the blankets up to Hoseok's chin.

"Make it stop hurting," Hoseok begged, shaking. Yoongi hesitated before slowly leaning down and putting his lips gently to Hoseok's forehead. He felt Hoseok stop shaking.

"You're going to be okay," Yoongi whispered onto Hoseok's sweaty skin.

"Th-Thanks hyung, b-better."

"Thank me after you stop getting these headaches."

"I want to dance," Hoseok announced, then tried to get up. Spots swam in his vision and he fell back onto the bed. A sharp pain was still biting at his chest and head.

"Are you bananas? Get some rest!" Yoongi scolded, putting his hands firmly on Hoseok's shoulders. Hoseok giggled, then pulled Yoongi down on top of him. "Wha-"

Hoseok grinned and kissed Yoongi. Yoongi felt the grin and smiled into the kiss, putting his arms around Hoseok.

"I think you ate the pain," Hoseok murmured.

"What?" Yoongi asked, pulling away.

"I don't know, last time you kissed me it also got better."

"Oh. But I ate it...?"

"Yeah, you ate it," Hoseok said seriously, feeling the burn leaving his chest, then cracked a grin. Yoongi chuckled.

"Love you, Hoseokie."

"Love you too, Yoongi hyung." 

a/n: 

the gifs don't even really relate to the chapters anymore 

but its okay 

cuz they're still beautiful and heavenly