He's Okay

"He's okay," Yoongi told the nurse when she came in.
"He's stable," she agreed.
"He's okay," Yoongi said. His eyes looked haunted and dark circles had formed under his eyes in the week since Hoseok had collapsed. "He's going to get up and dance any day now."
"I know," the nurse said gently, like she was talking to a child.
"I'm not a kid," Yoongi said angrily.
"No, you aren't," the nurse said, voice coaxing.
"Stop it!" Yoongi snapped.
"He's going to get better," the nurse said firmly, then left. Yoongi sighed and turned to Hoseok. He lay in the bed, pale and still, so still. An IV bag dripped into his arm. Yoongi didn't like seeing him so still.
"You're going to wake up and then dance," Yoongi told Hoseok. "I'll watch you. And then we'll go back to the cabin with everyone and we'll have our trip again, together."
Hoseok didn't stir.
The door opened. Yoongi didn't look up.
"Hyung?"
Yoongi looked up and brightened, just slightly.
"Jiminie," he said tiredly.
Jimin hugged him.
"I—"
"Shush," Jimin said. "Don't say anything about not being here for me. You're always here, always have been. Hoseok hyung needs you right now. Make sure to get enough rest."
"I know," Yoongi said. "I'm so tired, Jimin."
"He's going to get up and dance," Jimin reminded him. Yoongi nodded gratefully.
"Jimin?"
They both turned to look at Hoseok.
"Hoseok hyung!" Jimin cheered. Hoseok smiled. He can still smile now, through everything he's been through, Yoongi thought. Jimin carefully hugged Hoseok.
"How are you? I haven't seen you in a long time," Hoseok said brightly. He was right; he was usually asleep when anyone came to visit. Yoongi was the only one that stayed there all day and night, except Dawon, who came and stayed sometimes.
"Good," Jimin said, smiling. He knew not to remind Hoseok that he was the one who needed to be cared for. He knew that letting Hoseok care about him would help him feel better. "Dance is fun, and Jin hyung gave me a lollipop today."
Yoongi noticed the longing in Hoseok's eyes and how his hand twitched when Jimin said "dance".
"That's fun," Hoseok said, still smiling. "What flavor?"
"Strawberry," Jimin said. "You can have it if you want."
"Oh, no, I'm fine, you have it."
Jimin took out the lollipop from his pocket.
"You sure?"
"Yeah, you have it."
Jimin carefully unwrapped the candy and stuck it in his mouth. Yoongi smiled. Hoseok was smiling too, happy to see Jimin happy.
"Good," Jimin commented. Hoseok laughed. "When are you out of here?"
Hoseok glanced at Yoongi, who shrugged.
"When the doctors see that I'm ready to leave," Hoseok answered. Jimin nodded.
"I miss you," he said softly.
"Me too. I'm glad you came by," Hoseok said.
"I need to leave for dance..."
"Don't worry about us. Go dance. Dance extra hard for me!"
"Okay... I could skip if you wanted," Jimin said quietly.
"No, don't. I want you to dance," Hoseok said firmly. Jimin nodded and hugged him again, then Yoongi, and bounced out of the room. Hoseok smiled at Yoongi.
"Hobi," he said, pulling his chair closer to the bed.
"I want to dance," Hoseok said.
"I know," Yoongi said. "I want you to dance too."
He kissed Hoseok gently, leaning over the rail on the bed. Hoseok's mouth moved slowly against his. Not clumsily. Slowly. When he pulled away, he kept close, kissing Hoseok's face as he caught his breath, then back to his lips. He felt Hoseok's hand that wasn't attached to the IV running through his hair. He closed his eyes. He wanted this moment to last forever; nothing else existed, nothing else mattered. Only Hoseok and him, defying all odds. Loving.
"Love you," Hoseok whispered against Yoongi's lips. His lips were warm and soft, his words flitting through Yoongi's lips.
"I love you more," Yoongi whispered back. When they pulled apart, they weren't pulling away. They were content with each other's company. That's all they needed.