I'm Sick

Yoongi tried to get up, but Hoseok clung to him.

"Get off of me, you little--"

"You're just mean because you want me to not like you. But that just makes me like you more, because it shows me how much you care," Hoseok informed Yoongi.

"Hoseok! Get off of me right now!" Yoongi said, raising his voice. Hoseok flinched but didn't let go.

"I love you, hyung. I love you so, so much," Hoseok said unexpectedly, burrowing his face into Yoongi's shirt.

"I said. Get. Off. Now."

"I'm g-gonna throw u-up a-again," Hoseok stuttered, suddenly feeling nauseous. Yoongi quickly stood up with Hoseok clinging to him and ran for the bathroom. Hoseok threw up again, and they flushed again, and he rinsed his mouth again, and Yoongi brought them back to his room again. "I'm s-sick, h-hyung. I'm r-really sick. I c-can't eat."

"I-- Hoseok, have you told anybody else?"

"No."

"I'm telling Jin. He needs to help you."

"I won't listen to him."

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused," Hoseok joked halfheartedly, but he didn't laugh.

"Hoseok, you're not smiling anymore, or laughing anymore. All because I tried to help you once. Can you imagine what would happen if I tried every day?"

"I'm sad because you left, not because you came."

"You-- what?"

"H-Hyung, I f-feel really s-sick..."

Hoseok was shivering.

"I'm calling your parents."

"N-No..."

"Dawon noona?"

"No..."

"The hospital."

"No!"

"Who then?"

"Nobody, I w-want...ah..." Hoseok went limp.

"Hoseok! Wake up! Wake up!" Yoongi shouted, shaking Hoseok. Hoseok was unconscious. His eyes wouldn't open, and his body felt weak. And bony. Too bony. How had Yoongi been to preoccupied with his own thoughts to not notice Hoseok not eating?

He dialed to Dawon.

"Hey, Yoongi, what's up?"

"Get over here right now, he passed out."

"Be there in ten! Is he okay? Why... what happened?"

"Drive. Hurry up, he's really pale."

"Call the hospital."

"Dawon, he hates the hospital."

"Fine."

"Dawon noona?"

"Yeah, what?"

"Why... he said he stopped eating and dancing because he was sad, and he said he was sad because of me... it's all my fault, again."

"He what?!"

"He threw up twice, he's pale, he's shaking, and he's awfully skinny."

"I'm such an idiot! He said he was fine, but obviously he wasn't, I'm his sister, I should know--"

"Dawon, shut up and get over here he looks really sick." Yoongi realized he was shaking too, with fear.

"Take his pulse," Dawon said. Yoongi heard her cursing about something. "Traffic is the stupidest thing on the planet."

Yoongi took Hoseok's pulse. Or, he tried to.

"How do you take someone's pulse?"

"Try his neck, that little spot--"

"The one they taught me in health?"

"Yes, Yoongi, that one, why do you sound like you're going into shock--"

"Meet me at the hospital."