~5~

"You know, y-you have a wonderful voice." I blushed in response, thanking him. I leaned my head against his shoulder. I yawned as he petted my head before I gave into unconsciousness.

---------------------------------------

I find myself waking up peacefully for once. I sighed, relieved. I checked the time to see that it was 6:00. Perfect. I got up and made my way home. I noticed that my bruises didn't hurt anymore. I should thank Nightmare when I have the chance. I casually walked inside, noting that my so-called 'parents' weren't home yet. Weird... I would have at least expected to have my alcoholic father be home... I didn't care, though. It meant I didn't have to deal with a beating right now. If anything, he's just out with my mom getting more alcohol.

I made myself a sandwich and F/F. I just hope that they don't come home soon. They would beat me into unconsciousness if they found out that I made food for myself without their permission. I winced at that very thought. I ate quickly, making sure to rid of any evidence that I ate in the first place. I then walk into the living room and sat on the torn-up couch, turning on the tv. It was already on the news.

"This just in: multiple murders have been confirmed to have taken place this afternoon. The bodies of B/N, S/B/N, and T/BN have been found in the park, whilst the bodies of M/N and F/N were found in an alleyway. The cause of death is..." I didn't hear anything else. I could feel my world crashing down.

My parents are dead.

B/N is dead.

They had been my tormentors for so long. I didn't hate this entirely, but why? Why were they murdered? My thoughts scrambled about in my head.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear the back door open.

In the distance, a raven cawed.

--------------------------------------

Hey there, devil darlings. Sorry, this chapter is a bit shorter. That's why I'm updating the next chapter today as well. Stay nerdy!

Edited 17 March 2020