~17~

"Which AU did you come from?" Ink suddenly asked me.

I looked up at him, then looked down, thinking.

"Actually, I have no idea." I said, looking back up at him.

"Well, there is always something special with each AU, for example, everyone might act a certain way, or there might be something that is not in any other AU." Ink explained. "So once we figure out that part, then I will be able to figure out which AU you are from and possibly return you there."

"Well, now that you say that, my AU has this large tree. But it isn't like any other tree. This tree has black and gold apples on it, with the black ones on one side and the gold ones on the other." I described, remembering how much I enjoyed sitting underneath that tree.

Ink thought about it for a moment, but then snapped his fingers. "Ah! I know exactly which AU you came from!" He starts going through the pages before finding a specific one.

"Here we are. This is DreamTale, but sometimes it is referred to as NightmareTale." Ink stated. He goes to open up a portal with his paintbrush, but he pauses.

"What's wrong, Ink?" I questioned him.

"Well, I just remembered that this AU is where Nightmare sometimes comes to. He does have to protect that tree. So, if I drop you off there, then he can easily take you again." Ink said, almost looking sad.

"So that's why he was able to get me so easily." I said.

Well, I guess I won't be seeing Nightmare anytime soon.