~23~

"Glad to have you back." He said, wrapping his arms around me. I didn't look at him. I couldn't look at him.

I wouldn't look at him.

Ink seemed to have noticed that I wasn't happy, so he put a hand under my chin and lifted up my head to look at him.

"Look, I know that you might be a bit scared and confused, but Nightmare is bad news. You are much safer here than being in his castle." He said, resting his free hand on my shoulder. I sighed, but I decided not to speak up.

"Ok." I finally said.

"Great!" He said, letting me go. When he removed his hand from my shoulder, it brushed against a bruised spot on my neck, causing me to flinch. He looks at me with a worried expression as he moved my hood to reveal a giant bruise, at the same exact spot that Nightmare had kissed me at. I saw Ink's face turn to complete rage, even his eyes turned red. He let go of me and turned around.

"Nightmare, now you've gone TOO FAR!" He yelled, causing me to flinch. He turned back around to look at me, now with a worried expression on his face. He wrapped his arms around me, giving me a gentle hug.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you from him from now on." He said calmly. I nodded, and hugged him back.