Thirty Three

Hyun Jin,

It was finally home again and that day, mother wasn't there. I was only left with father and he barely showed up from his room. Bored, I watched the television and weekly idol happened to be aired.

"Today Idol! Got7!" The television made the sound.

It was so quiet so the television produced a really loud sound and I tend to watch television with loud volume. It had been so long since the last time I watched it after all.

"Hyun Jin, aren't you asleep yet?" My father went out from the master bed room and joined me with the television.

"I don't have school tomorrow." I said.

"Your mother will be home tomorrow. Let's go eat out." He suggested and sat down beside me on the sofa.

"Do you love her?" I was shocked by my sudden question too.

"I do." He replied.

"Then why did you always fight?"

"Cheating can never be accepted." My father said and his face was serious.
"Drop it, let's go."

He got up from the sofa in the living room and grabbed his car keys from the table. I switched off the television and followed my father from behind him.

____

Cafe,

It was the usual cafe that me and friends hang out. The one that we broke the table. Yes that one. Nevertheless, the table had been fixed and it was back to its normal shape.

"How is school?" My father asked, over the dinner.

"It is fine." I replied and continued to eat the hamburger.

"How about your friend? Hyuna?" He asked and I can't concentrate on eating anymore.

"She is fine," I answered and tried to change the topic.

"I don't exactly hate her. But, you know too. Hyuna won't like the idea of being friend with you if she finds out about your mother and her father." My father stated and it hit me right in the heart.

"Can't that just be ignored?" I said and stopped eating.

"Hyun Jin aa, I also want the best for you. But when your mother cheated on me with Hyuna's father, I felt like my whole world crashed. I know this father of yours had been selfish but I can't see anybody related to that family."

"I can keep her out of your sight so don't mind us." I replied, was pissed off with the selfishness of my father.

Yet at times, I understand how hurtful it must be to be cheated on. But it wasn't even true, at least if what my mother told me, the whole cheating thing wasn't true.

"She wasn't cheating." I replied.

"How do you even know? I saw them with my own eyes. Covering it up for your mother only make you like her." My father said.

"Abeoji, why don't you try to believe in eomma sometimes? It was seven years ago already."

"I can't anymore. Just keep eating, your food is getting cold."

____

Hyuna,

"Abeoji, why don't you try to believe in eomma sometimes? It was seven years ago already."It was Hyun Jin's voice.

"I can't anymore. Just keep eating, your food is getting cold."

They were talking about what? My father and Hyun Jin's mother? Together?! Was that why? What?! WHAT?! I don't know if this is funny or I should cry?!