Chapter 2

The next morning, Akina woke up at the crack of dawn, sitting up in her bed and looking around the room she was in. Thinking back to the night before, Akina let out a sigh.

She had been placed in the guest room— or her room now for the time being. Getting out of the bed she stretched, looking out the window at the dawning sun. In the early hours, Akina found herself reminiscing about Fairy Tail. Entering a loud guild hall as wizards were fightning over something trivial or just overall enjoying the company of other's. Going on jobs with groups or alone and beating down dark wizards and monsters. Being suspended in time for seven years, the Grand Magic games. She missed all of it.

"I miss you guys." She muttered.

"They miss you too, Akina." A voice said and Akina looked to her side before letting out a small shout of surprise. "M-Master Mavis? Why— how are you here?"

"You have the Fairy Tail emblem." Mavis said, pointing to her left shoulder, where Akina's forest green guild mark was under the sleeve. "It's not easy, but as long as there's a wizard with the mark of Fairy Tail, I can travel to them." The first master gave her a warm smile.

"So, does that mean you can travel between the worlds? Can you tell everyone that I'm okay?" Akina asked, hope shining in her eyes.

Mavis nodded. "Of course. I'll see you again, until next time." And Akina watched as the first master's body started glowing and she dissolved into several glowing orbs before vanishing into thin air. Not even a minute later, the door was burst open, and Akina turned around to see a smiling Mina at her doorway.

"Good morning!" She shouted.

"Oh, morning." Akina said, giving the pinkette a small smile.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's grab some grub, Aki!"

——With Fairy Tail——

"Any leads yet?" Erza asked, looking over to where Levy and Lucy were pouring themselves over books.

"Not yet. I'm not finding anything that describes what happened to her." Levy replied, "Any luck with you Lucy?"

"None here." Lucy said.

"She has to be alright! Man, if i could only find that cloaked dude, I make him tell us what he did!" Natsu shouted angrily. "We don't even know is Akina is okay!"

"She's fine, don't worry." Mavis said, sitting on the railing of the second floor. "I just had a lovely chat."

"What? Where is she?" A cat— known as Choco— asked. She was Akina's Exceed, and the two had grown pretty close since they grew up together.

"I'm afraid you won't be able to get her back so easily, but it's not impossible."

"Do you know how we can get her back, First Master?" Makarov asked, looking up at the young girl.

"No." At that word, everyone seemed to loose hope, and the Mavis noticed this. "But please don't loose hope! You'll find a way to get her back, we are the number one guild! We can do anything!"

"Yeah! She's right!" Natsu shouted. "We are the number one quild! If anyone will be able to find Akina, it'll be us!"

——Back with Akina——

A week had passed since the Ashido's had allowed her to stay with them, and she was currently walking through the hallways of a building following after an excited Mina.

"This is your classroom. I'm so sad you can't be in my class, but I guess it is what it is. I'll see you afterward!" With that, she ran off, heading into one of the rooms a tiny bit down the hallway. Muttering about how she didn't want to be late again. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door, getting the attention of the teacher.

"Ah, you must be the new student. Akina Hayashi, correct?" She said once she opened the door.

"Yeah, that's me."

The woman nodded, then turned back into the classroom. "All right everyone! We have a new student today! I know it's pretty late into the year, but for the remaining time, please make her feel welcome." She looked towards Akina, who was still standing at the doorway. "Please come in and introduce yourself."

Stepping into the room, Akina felt everyone's gaze on her and she felt her cheeks warm up. While she was used to attention— being in Sorcerer's Weekly a few times and being recognized as a member of Fairy Tail, something about standing in front of a group like this made her feel a bit flustered.

"Hello everyone, I'm Hayashi Akina. It's a pleasure to meet you all." She bowed— as it was custom in this world as a type of greeting.

"Now does anyone have any questions for Miss Hayashi?" The teacher asked, looking over the classroom, "Yes, Mr. Kaniko." She said, pointing towards a boy with black cat ears poking out of his head.

"What's your quirk?" He asked, and the kids around the room nodded.

"Ah um," She scratched her cheek. She hadn't thought about that. She probably shouldn't tell anybody about magic— since she didn't know how they would react, but the name of her magic shouldn't be too out of the ordinary, of course she would have to shorten it. "It's called Nature."

The class looked at her, some of them muttering on how is sounded strong, cool, mysterious.

"What does it do?" Another kid blurted out, standing up from her desk with an excited look on her face.

"Well, I can control nature to some extent, and I have some attacks..." Akina replied vaguely.

"If there are no more questions, Akina, you can sit behind Kirishima Ejiro, please raise your hand Mr. Kirishima." The teacher said and a black haired boy with a scar over his eyebrow raised his hand, and Akina nodded, moving to the empty desk in the last row.

"Hey, nice to meet you." Kirishima said, giving Akina a sharp toothed grin.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too."

After school, Mina and Akina were walking back to Mina's house together when their their happy chatter was interrupted by screams from civilians ahead of the two.

"Is this a villian attack?" Mina asked, excitement coming to her voice before she grabbed onto Akina's arm and dragged her towards the source of the screams— where a crowd had formed now. "I wonder what hero is going to show up!"

Looking forwards, Akina spotted a man through the windows of the jewelry shop, aiming his hand towards the woman behind the counter.

A couple minutes later a hero showed up— a new one by Akina's understanding. He went by the name Kamui Woods.

"You know, your quirk is a lot like Kamui Woods' quirk. Maybe the two of you are related or something." She stated.

Scratching the back of her head, Akina let out a nervous chuckle. "I don't think so." She stated.

"You never know." She shrugged, turning her attention back to the fight.

"Ah, he's using his special attack!" A woman shouted, a small blush on her face.

"Lacquered Chains Prison!" Kamui shouted, his arm separating into many branches before wrapping the villain up and causing him to become immobile.

Seriously? This is a villian. Talk about weak. Akina thought to herself, looking at the battle with boredom. After Kamui returned the stolen items and the cops arrived, Mina and Akina headed back to the house, Akina listening to Mina rambling about wanting to become a hero herself more than anything.

Become a hero, huh? Well, I don't know how long I'll be stuck here so maybe I should do the same. It'll be just like I were back at the guild.