Chapter 5

Once she had changed into a simple green tank top and some sweat shorts Akina arrived at her battle center and she took some calming breaths, I'm just going up against robots. I've been put against dark wizards— hell, I was even up against dragons and survived! I think, I kinda rememberer dying... but— Ah, stop it Akina! You'll do fine! After that small pep talk, she felt ready.

As soon as a voice boomed above head, the gates to the center opened. "Right! Let's start!" Present Mic exclaimed. "Get moving! There are no countdowns in real battles! Run faster! We're wasting airtime here!"

Akina had already started running with some other kids at her sides. Quickly breaking off from the group, she ran into a speeding robot. A two-pointer. She thought, jumping up and bringing her fist back and letting it surround itself in wood. "Nature Dragon: Claw!" She casted, ramming her wooden fist into the head of the two-pointer, easily crushing it and rendering it immobile. Letting her fist morph back into it's normal state, a toothy grin made it's way to her face. "Oh man! This is going to be easy, I don't know what I was worried about!"

"Target Acquired." A robotic voice said and Akina turned around to see another two-pointer, a couple one-pointer surrounding it.

Jumping into the air, a magic circle appeared at her hand, "Nature Dragon: Bursting Blossom!" She chanted, flower-like pellets shooting out and making contact with each of the robots, both the pellets and robots exploding on contact.

"Let's see, that was one Two-pointer and about five one-pointers. That gives me nine points so far. That's nothing. Guess I should keep going!"

Akina was so into beating down the robots that Present Mic's two minute warning caught her off guard, causing the spell she was casting to fumble. Though it wasn't only the announcement that interrupted her fight, the ground had suddenly started shaking and Akina looked behind her to see a giant robot slowly making it's way towards her. The Zero Pointer.

"So that's an obstacle." She muttered, crushing another one-pointer.

"Everyone run!" A girl shrieked as she noticed a few other examinees running away from the oncoming threat.

Akina on the other hand grinned, her sharpened canines glinting in the suns light, and she brushed her hair out of her eyes, showing excited green orbs. "Now this is a villian!" She shouted, getting concerned an confused glances from the students running away.

Jumping up into an alleyway as the robot passed by, Akina scaled up the walls, jumping from one wall to another with ease until she was at the top of the building. Crouching down on the roof, Akina analyzed the giant threat. It still towered over her but that didn't scare her in the slightest, manly because she knew that it wasn't out to kill her. As the robot kept rolling forwards slowly, a plan started to come to mind.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

In the observatory room, teachers were watching the screens, commenting on how one boy just punched the zero-pointer in the face, saving a girl from being crushed by it.

"No way, do we have another one planning on taking the zero-pointer by themself?" A teacher asked, their eyes glued on another one of the screens and bringing the other heroes attention to another screen that showed a certain fiery haired dragon slayer.

"It's obviously way too strong for her. She's not being rational. It seems that she already has enough points to pass so why doesn't she just run away?" A tired voice stated.

"I don't know. She did manage to get 60 villian points, leaving her in second place just behind Bakugou Katsuki. She might just have a chance." A bear, dog, mouse hybrid creature said, looking at the screen with the ginger haired girl. "Let's see what she decides to do."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

As the robot moved past her, Akina jumped up into the air, flipping while falling and casting a spell, a magic circle appearing at her mouth. "Nature Dragon: Roar!"

A stream of leaves rushed out her mouth and shot straight through the middle back of the robot, destroying it with ease. It was at that time that she realized she was falling straight towards the ground head first, and she didn't have enough time to summon a vine. Closing her eyes, she braced for the impact.

Though just before she hit the ground, she felt herself land on something soft, bouncing up before resting on whatever saved her. Blinking her eyes open, she noticed that a whole bunch of small vines had caught her. "I didn't do this." She muttered in confusion.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked, and the vines retreated, letting Akira down on the ground slowly.

"Um, yeah, thanks for saving me." Akira said, seeing a girl her age with vines for hair. "I'm Hayashi Akina."

"Shiozaki Ibara." The girl responded.

"It's nice to meet you." Akina said, giving the girl a smile.

"Likewise. I hope to see you in the hero course."

"For sure!"

"Times up!" Present Mic's voice boomed, interrupting the girl's conversation. "Examinees' once you're all healed up and recovered please make your way back to the auditorium for the written portion of the exam!"

This was when Akina started to feel nervious. "Well, good luck on the exam." She said, waving goodbye.

Ibara nodded. "Of course, I wish you luck as well."

With that, the two of them parted, Akira headed to the auditorium, not sustaining any injuries from the practical. "Well, let's hope I can get through this."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"That was so tough!" Mina shouted, a look of despair clearly written on her face.

"I'm sure you did well! You told me you beat down a shit ton of robots, right?" Akina asked.

Mina looked at her, "Yeah, but I'm sure I failed the written test! Aw man! I should of studied more instead of cramming all last night!"

Letting out a small laugh, Akina thought back to the written portion. She was sure she had managed to answer some of the problems correctly, but there were more that half that she was worried about. She might just be paranoid but it's always normal to worry about something like that. Looking at her friend with reassurance, Akina patted her shoulder. "We'll get our results in a couple weeks. Until then, let's forget about this, no use in stressing for something that's already happened. I mean, that's just a fucking drag."

Mina looked at Akina, and gave her a warm smile. "Yeah, your right! Until we get the results, we'll forget about this!" After walking a bit in silence, Mina broke it again. "You know, you cuss more than I thought you would." She stated out of the blue.

"Ah, well it was probably who I grew up around." She scratched her cheek. "It's just habit now, I guess."

"Yeah, guess it is."

With that, the two of them headed home.