Chapter 4

"Man, it's so big!" Mina exclaimed, looking up at the towering building in front of the two.

"Yeah." Akina agreed, her eyes glued on the building in front of her. A couple days had passed and it was finally the day of the entrance exams. She wasn't nervous about the practical— far from it. What made her worry the most was the written portion on the exam. She just barely pass her tests in jr. high— relying on knowledge she had from books she had read, and from some classmates helping her understand.

"Come on! Let's head inside!" Mina said, once again dragging Akina through the entrance.

Once they had settled down in an auditorium of sorts, Akina took the time to analyze the students sitting around her. There was a blond haired boy with a black lightning bolt symbol showing in his bangs with a scent similar to Lauxus, a girl next to him that he seemed to be trying to flirt with, a boy next to her that seemed to have a cocky air to him and she could already tell that if he were to be in her class she would punch him the first moment she would get, his scent seemed to mix and mingle with all the ones around him somehow. Other than those two, none of the other kids near her seemed noteworthy of any sort.

As kids started to fill into the room, different smells came to Akina's nose. Smoke and fire— similar to Natsu, another cat-like scent, a boy that smelt like a car engine, and more unique scents swirled around her.

Once everyone was there, a man walked onto stage, a wide grin on his face and his blond hair styled almost like a cockatoo.

"Hey, Hey! What's up UA candidates. Thanks for tunin' into me, your school DJ." He opened his arms towards the crowd. "Come on and let me hear ya!" He turned and placed a hand near his ear, only to be greeted by silence. "Keepin' it mellow, huh?" He asked, shrugging. "That's fine, I'll get straight to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam is going to go down, okay?"

Akina watched the man— knowing that he was the Pro-hero Present Mic, making sure to focus on what he was saying.

"Are you ready?" Like before, nobody answered him, after waiting a minute or two, he continued. "Like your application said, today, you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting ten minute mock battles in suburban settings!"

On the screen behind him, a small box that was marked marked 'You Are Here' popped up, with seven little boxes expanding from them, all a different letter and color.

"Get ready my friends, as I drop the mic here, you'll head to your specified battle center, sound good?"

"Aw man! We're in different battle centers!? Mina complained, looking at her card, and Akina noticed she was in Battle Center E.

Looking at the card she had received when she had checked in. Battle Center D. "Well, it just gives the others a chance, right? I mean if we were in the same center, we'd beat down everything before anyone else got the chance."

Mina looked at her, a smile on her face. "Guess you're right, Aki." She shrugged, and the two of them returned their attention back towards Mic.

"Okay?" Present Mic asked again, seeming to really want to get a response out of the nervous crowd of students. An image of a city appeared on the screen behind Present Mic, who had seemed to give up on getting a response. "Okay, okay! Let's check out your targets." Three silhouettes appeared on the screen. "There are three types of villains in every center, you'll earn points based on their level of difficulty, so better choose wisely."

A video game like picture appeared on the screen of Present mic facing the different monsters, the first one was 1 point, the second 2 points, and the third 3 points.

"The goal in this trial is to use your quirk to raise your score by shredding these foes like a rad guitar solo! But check it, make sure you're keeping things heroic, attacking other examinees of UA is a no-no, you dig?"

A boy closer to the middle of the auditorium stood up, his hand raised high in the air. "Excuse me sir, but I have a question."

Present Mic pointed towards the boy, "Hit me!" He exclaimed.

"On the print out, you've listed four typed of villains not three. With all respect, if this is an error on official UA material, it is shameful. We are exemplary students, we expect the best from Japan's most notable school, a mistake such as this won't do." He then pointed to a kid in the crowd, "Additionally, you with the unkept hair. You've been muttering this entire time. Stop that. If you can't bother to take this seriously, leave. You're distracting the rest of us."

Akina leaned forwards and looked towards the boy he was mentioning. That's the boy I saw a couple days ago. She thought, So he was training for the entrance exams as well. She was thrown out of her thoughts when the announcer started talking again.

"Alright, alright." Present Mic exclaimed, getting the attention back on him. "Examinee number 7111, thanks for calling in with your request. The fourth villain is worth zero points! That guy's just an obstacle we'll be throwing in your way. There's one in every battle center. Think of it as a hurtle you should try to avoid. It's not that it can't be beaten, but there's kinda no point." He motioned towards the screen. "I recommend my listeners to ignore it and focus on the
Pones top of the chart."

The boy bowed, "Thank you very much, please continue." He sat back down and the spotlight turned off.

"So it's an obstacle? I wonder how strong it is." Akina muttered, staring at the silhouette of the zero pointer before it disappeared from the screen.

"That's all I got for you today. I'll sign off with a little present. A sample of our school motto! As general Napolion Bonavard once layed down, 'A true hero is one who overcomes life's misfortunes.' Mmhm. Now that sound right? You ready go beyond? Let's hear applause Plus Ultra!"

The words 'Plus Ultra' flashed on the screen, extremely showy and fancy.

"Good luck, hope you practiced more than just books."

And with that, everyone was sent to take the practical exam.