Chapter 24

The week had passed and Akina was now standing at the train station with the rest of her class, looking at the trains with dread as everyone started moving to where they needed to be. Aizawa had just given them a speech on being proper heroes and behaving properly.

"Aki! Don't you have a train to catch?" Someone asked, and Akina looked over her shoulder to see a floating uniform right behind her.

"Uh... yeah." She said, a look of dread as she looked at the teen. "I could always just walk to where I'm going, right? Yeah, I'm gonna do that." She started to walk out of the station, only to feel a cloth grab onto her hand.

"You'll be taking the train there so we don't end up losing a student." Aizawa said, stopping the mage in her tracks.

If it were even possible, the look of dread deepened on her face. She felt herself get dragged backwards towards the trains, and the cloth removed itself from her arm. Glancing back at Aizawa, she only saw a cold and tired gaze on his face. Knowing that unless she wanted to be restrained by the cloths, she would have to step onto the train, and head to death.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Ground! Sweet sweet ground!" Akina shouted, getting judgmental looks from everyone in the station around her. Of course, Akina could care less about the stares from people she didn't know, her mind was more focused on one thing. Food. Though unfortunately food would have to wait for her, since she was already a couple minutes late in meeting with the hero she was interning under. Kamui Woods.

Running through the streets with her costume case held tightly in her hands, she ran where she was told his agency was, ignoring the tempting smells of food and leaves around her. Finally stopping in front of a large building, Akina looked up at it, seeing some wooden features to the almost fully stone building.

"This must be the place." She muttered, her nose twitching in the air and smelling the familiar scent of the wooded hero. She had seen Kamui Woods in action with Mina plenty of times as they walked home, so his scent was something Akina had recognized. Walking up and opening the door.

Inside the building, Akina noticed that there weren't a lot of people, so the building didn't seem to be too busy. It didn't take long for someone familiar to walk up to her. He was in a costume of all wood, which made Akina even hungrier.

"Ah! You must be the U.A. Student, correct?" Kamui said.

Akina nodded, "That's right. I'm Hay- Dryad." She said, correcting herself. She had remembered Aizawa mentioning something about using their hero names throughout the internships. Mainly to get them used to responding to the names that they had all picked out for themselves.

"Nice to meet you, Druid. Why don't you get ready and we'll go out on a patrol." Kamui said, pointing to a doorway that had a sign above it saying 'changing rooms'.

Nodding, Akina headed into the room, opening the door and seeing a row of changing stalls along the walls. Heading into the first available one, Akina took her costume out of the case it had been neatly sitting in. It didn't take long for her to change into it, feeling a bit more comfortable in it than the U.A. uniform. Stepping out of the changing room, she walked up to where Kamui Woods was waiting. And once she reached him, the two of them started patrolling.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Look! It's Kamui!" A girl squealed, causing Akina to wince slightly at the sudden loud noise, and she looked over to see a group of high schoolers running up to the two of them.

"Can you please sign my cheek?" The one who squealed asked, a look of pure excitement on her face.

"Of course, anything for my fans." Kamui said, taking the pen that was being handed to him. It wasn't long before there was a whole crowd around the two.

"This is normal for a Pro Hero as well known as me." Kamui started, glancing at Akina to was standing right beside him. "But even if you make it big, never forget your fans, since they were the ones who got you where you are."

Akina just made a sound of acknowledgement, distracted by the swirl of scents around them it didn't take long until something else caught her attention. Grabbing Kamui's arm, Akina stared towards a building. "I smell blood." She said. "A lot of it."

After apologizing to the crowd of people, Kamui jumped away and swung towards the building with some vines that grew out of his arm. Watching him do it, Akina summoned vines of her own and hooked them around a part of the building. Using momentum as well as retracting the vines back into her arm, Akina swung herself to the roof of the building, where Kamui was waiting for her.

"You sure you smelled it here? This is a pretty calm and friendly apartment building. Nobody here would hurt a fly."

Akina sniffed the air, the scent of blood stronger now that they were closer to the building. Though along with the blood, Akina now smelt individual people. Someone who smelt of iron— much like how swords smell, and someone who smelt like plants— which made Akina even hungrier. Realizing that Kamui was waiting for an answer, Akina nodded. "It's almost like the building is bathed in it."

Kamui stood at the entrance from the building to the rooftop. He crossed his arms and closed his eyes as if in thought. "You might only be an intern, and this might only be your first day, but I'm going to trust you on this." And with that, he moved to open the door. What neither of them were prepared for was the sight that waiting for them within the building.