Chapter 14

Stretching, Akina was waiting at the front gate with a few others of her class, her stomach rumbling and her magic running low.

"You alright, Aki?" Mina asked, walking up to the dragon slayer.

"Me? Yeah. I'm just hungry. I overused my magi- quirk." Akina said, scratching the back of her head. "And personally I'd prefer fruits or salads to restore my power." She added mainly to herself.

"Those villains were strong huh? Well, you look alright, at least."

Akina nodded, not wanting to mention she went up against the big two and witnessed All Might fighting the Nomu up close. It also helped that before she had arrived at the front gate she had managed to heal herself of most of the scrapes she had gotten. She was also able to wash the small amount blood off before she arrived by a river before she reached the front gate.

"All right, everyone come here, I've got to make sure you're all accounted for." A detective said, counting everyone once they grouped up in front of him. "Sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty." After counting the last student he looked over the papers he held in his hand. "Other than the boy with both legs seriously injured, everyone else seems unharmed."

"Oh, right, where were you?" Mina asked turning her attention to Akina after the detective stopped talking. "Iida managed to drag me out with a few others, so I didn't join in any of the fights. I only saw you when you were in the middle with Bakugo and the others."

"Oh, I was at the foot of the landslide zone. You know that forestry area with dirt piles and some fallen trees? It was the perfect spot for me, those guys didn't know what they had coming." With a grin, she pumped her fist in the air.

"Man, I wish I could of been in the battles." Mina pouted, puffing up her cheeks.

"They'll be other times, don't worry." Akina said, patting her friend on the back with a wide smile in her face. Though I don't know if you're ready yet. She added silently to herself.

Mina sighed, then her expression brightened up. "Yeah! This is just one battle of many more, right Aki?" Mina asked.

Akina nodded, then heard the detective start talking again.

"Let's have the the students return to their classroom for now." The detective said to one of the police officers.

"Detective, what about Mr. Aizawa?" Tsuyu asked.

"Right. It's only reasonable that you would want to know." Calling someone on his phone, the detective put it on speaker and held it up for the class to hear after explaining to the doctor on the other line what he wanted to know.

"Comminuted features in one arm and a facial fracture. Fortunately there does not seem to be any serious brain damage. However his orbital floor had broken into a couple pieces, while it's unsure if he'll ever be able to see again, it could of been much worse."

"That's what the doctor said." The detective said after the doctor finished.

"What about Thirteen?" Mina asked from beside Akina.

"Thirteen had been treated. The laceration from the back to upper arm was bad, but he will survive. All Might will also survive. Recovery Girl's healing is enough to treat him, so he's in the nurses office." At those words, it seemed like there was a sigh of relief that went though the students. And Akina had to admit that she was relieved as well.

"Deku...!" Uraraka asked suddenly, a look of concern written on her face.

"What about Midoriya?!" Iida asked almost at the same time Uraraka did.

"Midori...? Oh, he's getting treatment in the nurse's office is enough for him, too. Now, go back to your classroom."

"Yes sir." The students exclaimed before getting back on the bus, much to Akina's dismay. As the vehicle started moving again, Akina was out of commission. "Hey... Kiri?" She asked, looking towards the red headed boy. Once he was looking at her, she pointed to her cheek. "Knock me out, will ya?"

Taken back by the request, Kirishima chuckled nervously. "I don't think you'd want that. Your motion sickness can't be that bad. Even if it is, I'm not going to knock you out."

"And here I thought we were friend-" She cut off and covered her mouth, "Where's Wendy's Troia spell when you need it." She groaned.

Once the bus stopped, Akina stumbled out of the bus, instantly healed from her previous near-death like state. "Thank Mavis!" She shouted, her hands on her hips victoriously.

"It's like you just fought another villain battle." Kirishima laughed.

"Well I was. My stomach was trying to kill me but I fought to survive!" Then her stomach growled loudly, almost sounding like a dragon's roar. "Those leaves are looking pretty tasty. I bet the school wouldn't mind if I stole some..."

Before she could make her way towards the trees, Akina felt a pair of arms around her waist, looking over her shoulder, she saw that it was Mina holding her back.

"We've talked about this Aki, no matter how hungry you are you can't eat the leaves of other people's trees." Mina said on a scolding tone.

"Come on, Mi! It's only a few! They won't notice that they're gone!" Akina whined, starting to wriggle out of the girl's grip.

"Once we get home you can eat all the fruit you want." Mina bargained.

Letting out a sigh, Akina stopped struggling. "Fine." After being let go by the pinkette, Akina turned to her classmates, noticing the stress and trauma that hung around them like dark clouds. "Hey!" She shouted, getting everyone's attention. "I don't know about you guys, but after something like that, it's almost tradition with my family to celebrate the victory! How about we do the same?"

"Celebration is the last thing we should focus on right now!" Iida shouted. "We just went through a traumatic event, and Midoriya is still—"

"Aw man, you're too uptight, Iida. Look, I get that we've just been through a something traumatic. Fighting villains so soon, watching All Might struggle, but you know what? We made it, we fucking survived. What we need to do is relax and distract ourselves."

"I think Akina's right. What we just went through deserves a little celebration!" Hagakure said.

"But—" Iida started, trying to persuade otherwise, only to fail miserably, all the class was excited for the idea of a celebration.

"That was a pretty nice speech, Hayashi." Tsuyu said, "It really lifted people's spirits."

"Well, after something like that it's normal for people to need their spirits lifted." Akina said. "How about it, after Midoriya is healed up and feeling better, we'll all go out and celebrate our victory!"

With that, everyone cheered, and Akina felt a swell of pride in her chest, but it was hard to ignore the pang of longing as she looked at the class, an image of FairyTail popping into her head. With a deep breath she reassured herself that she would see them again, even if it took years.