Chapter 28

The next three days of the written exams past by quickly, and it was finally time for the practical.

Once everyone got changed into their costumes and headed to the training field where the practical was going to be held, Akina looked forwards to see a group of Pro-heroes gathered.

"Why are all the teachers here?" Akina asked herself. "We're fighting against robots, right— oh no. They didn't change the exam, did they?

"Now then. Let's begin the last test. Remember, it's possible to fail this final. If you want to go to camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa stated boredly.

"Uh, why are all the teachers here?" Jiro asked, voicing Akina's earlier question a bit louder than the mage had said it.

"I image that many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be faced with today." Aizawa started.

"We'll be fighting those big ol' metal robots!" Kaminari shouted.

"Fireworks, S'mores here we come!" Mina cheered.

"Actually this year's tests will be completely different for various reasons!" Nezu stated, popping out of Aizawa's scarf.

"You're changing things?" Momo asked.

"The tests now have a new focus. There will be hero work of course, but also teamwork and combat between actual people." A shadow seemed to appear over the creature's face as he pointed towards the class. "So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in groups of two or three and your opponents will be one of our esteemed U.A, teachers! Isn't that fabulous?"

Around her, Akina's classmates seemed to be shocked at the news, and the mage was too, though something about the thought of fighting pro heroes made her excited.

"Additionally your partners and your oppnedts have already been chosen. They were determined at my discretion, based on various factors including fightning style, grades, and interpersonal relationships." Aizawa continued. "The teams consist of Yaoyorozu and Todoroki, against me. Then we have Midoriya paired with Bakugo, an their opponent is—" Aizawa cut off as someone jumped down.

Oh, that's gonna be tough for them. Akina thought to herself. Both the team up and their opponent will be obstacles. Not lingering on the tensity between the just paired boys, Aizawa continued listing off teams, Akina eventually being paired up with Iida and Ojiro against the pro hero Power Loader.

After they mentioned that the heroes would be warming weights, everyone was given time to strategize with their teams. Walking up to her teammates, Akina gave them a smile. "We'll pass this test with flying colors! I know it!"

"Of course. Now, before anything, let us create a foolproof plan!" Iida said.

"Right!" Akina and Ojiro said.

And with that, the three of them created a plan that would hopefully allow them to pass the test.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It didn't take long for Akina's match to start, since they were the third match of the test. Standing on a rocky terrain, as Powerloader was digging through the terrain, making it difficult for them to get to a good place to stand. Their earlier plan was falling to shambles, since they had planned to have Iida use his Recipro Blast to cuff Powerloader before anything could of been done, but Akina should on known that it wouldn't of been that easy.

"The terrain gives Powerloader the advantage. I think our best option would be to find a hero better suited for this."

"So what you're saying is that we should run. But here's the thing." Ojiro flicked a rock forwards with his tail, multiple sinkholes appearing that stirred up some dust. "There are traps between us and the gate. Not to mention we have no idea where Mr. Powerloader will attack next."

"Don't worry, Ojiro! I might have an idea. We can still use your Recipro Blast, Iida. But we need to work together in order to make sure this plan goes through."

It didn't take long before the three of them thought of a plan, Ojiro was going to ride on Iida's back as the engine called teen ran towards the gate, Ojiro using his tail to help Iida over the sinkholes that might appear. Akina's was going to be just behind Iida, jumping through the debris with one vine attached around Iida and Ojiro, securing the two together and making sure she doesn't sink into one of the sinkholes. And just in case Power Loader appeared in front of them, Akina planned on being able to swing forwards using Iida's momentum and helping the other two get past him and through the gate.

"Alright, prepare yourselves!" Iida exclaimed. "Recipro Blast!" With those words, he propelled himself forwards and the group shot past the terrain, Akina using the speed from Iida and the falling debris to keep up with the engined teen.

Not too far in front of them, Powerloader appeared at the front gate, just as Akina planned. "Just as I planned. "She muttered. "Iida, Now!" She shouted.

"Right!" Iida jumped into the air, pushing his engines even faster as he started to spin. Ojiro wrapped his tail around Iida's leg and using the momentum from the the spinning, she flung herself upwards, both her and Ojiro heading straight towards Powerloader. As they got close, Powerloader reached forwards to grab the two, only to be met with Ojiro's tail and a vine from Akina, and just like that, the two of them passed through the gate.

"Team Iida, Ojiro, and Akina have passed the final." A voice announced.

Upon hearing those words, Akina grinned. "We did it! We passed!" She jumped up into the air as she watched Iida pass through the gate a few moments after the two, his helmet off and a smile on his face.

Just as she hoped, the three of them passed with flying colors.