Chapter 38

That night, after sneaking out of the house, Akina stood outside of the hospital waiting for Momo along with Todoroki and Kirishima. She had received a message not to long ago that the two of them were going to go after Bakugo.

"I wonder what Yoaaoyorozu decided." Kirishima stated, breaking the silence in the group.

"Well, no matter how restless we are, it's up to her." Todoroki stated.

At the sound of a door opening, Akina looked up to see Momo walking out of the hospital, an unreadable expression on her face. Though what surprised Akina was that Midoriya

"Yaoyorozu... what's your answer?" Kirishima asked once the two teens reached the group of three.

"I—"

"Wait!" A voice interrupted, and Akina looked behind her to see Iida walking up to the group.

"Iida?" Kirishima asked.

"Why... why did it have to be you guys of all people? The ones who stopped me when I acted so recklessly for personal reasons... you two, who received amnesty with me... why are you trying to make the same mistake I did? It's too much!"

"What are you talking about?" Kirishima asked, walking up to Iida, only to stop when Todoroki placed his hand on his shoulder.

"We are still minors. U.A. Is in a bad enough position as it is. Who will take responsibility for your actions? Do you understand?" Iida continued.

"Iida." Akina piped up, moving to stand in front of the conflicted boy, "Sometimes doing the right thing means breaking the rules. if you want to become a pro hero, then you've got to learn that lesson. Do you think all Pros follow the law all the time? I can see that you're worried about Bakugo as well. So why don't you join us and we can save him together, all of us."

Iida gritted his teeth. "I'm not just worried about Bakugo! I'm the class representative, I'm worried about off of you! When I saw your injuries, Midoriya, I also saw my brother in his sickbed! What if your bodies end up irreparable like my brother's because of your recklessness? What if any of you are injured beyond repair?"

"Iida. We don't expect to face them head-on and win either." Todoroki said. "We'll retrieve him without fightning."

"In other words, covert action! That's the way we students can fight while toeing the line on the rules!" Kirishima added on.

"I trust Todoroki." Momo said, deciding to speak up. "But so that I can stop them is anything happens, I plan to accompany them as well."

"Yaoyorozu!" Iida exclaimed with shock.

"I'm not entirely sure either." Midoriya said, "But after hearing that I could still reach, I couldn't just sit still. I can;t help thinking that I want to save him."

After a brief silence, Iida started to speak. "We can't come to an agreement, huh? Then take me with you, too."

As everyone around her gasped in shock, Akina flashed Iida a smile, "There you go! Good choice." She said. "And I guess with that decision from Iida, I guess we're off to save Bakugo."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

As the group sat on the train, Akina was barely able to listen to Momo as she told them the information from the tracker. Apparently it was somewhere in the Camino Ward in Yokohama City, and it would take at least two hours to get there, which caused Akina to let out a quiet groan. Focusing on not hurling, Akina didn't hear anything else that was mentioned.

After what seemed like eternity, Akina stepped off the train and followed her classmates out of the station, Kirishima immediately running off.

"Wait a minute!" Momo shouted, stopping the boy in his tracks. "From now on, we must be very, very careful. The villains know what we look like, remember? We must also consider that we may be attacked at any moment."

"Right! Gotta be covert!" Midoriya said, crossing his arms in front of him in an x.

Why can I hear Natsu and Happy saying something about being like a ninja right now? Akina asked herself, sniffing the air to make sure that the dragon slayer— or any of her guild mates were near by. She hadn't told any of them that she was doing this, even though Erza told the young mage to contact her if anything happened.

"But at this rate, we won't be able to scout very easily." Iida said, breaking Akina out of her thoughts.

"The what are we supposed to do?" Kirishima asked.

"I have a suggestion," Momo said, pointing toward a nearby cheap clothes store.

"Disguises! Now you're talking!" Akina exclaimed, a smile on her face.

The group walked into the store, each of them picking out an outfit that would make them unrecognizable. Midoriya had chosen to go for a more punk look, wearing a purple suit, golden necklace, and some sunglasses. Todoroki chose a wig that covered his signature scare as well as a formal-looking attire. Momo chose to wear a pink dress and some cheap golden jewelry, as well as choosing to put her hair up in a different style. Iida grabbed some suspenders, a bow tie, slicked his hair back, and grabbed a fake mustache. Akina chose to go for something that she wold wear more in her childhood. Kirishima had put his hair down— looking more like he did in junior high, put on some fake horns, as well as a red rather jacket and black pants.

She had sunglasses resting on her forehead and a black leather jacket, wearing a red tube top underneath. Along with that, she had picked out some dark ripped jeans and some punk style bracelets. It really brought he back to when she was younger and hung around Mira a lot.

As the group was walking out of the store, both Iida and Midoriya were trying out different personas. Kirishima was telling Midoriya how to talk more like a punk and Iida started spouting out vulgar commentary. As the two were talking, Momo was telling Todoroki how making their own clothing would ruin the economy and how she must increase the flow of money in the economy.

"Hey! It's U.A.!" Someone shouted out, and the group froze before they all realized that whoever had shouted out was looking up at the T.V screen where Aizawa, Nezu, and Vlad Kin were being shown.

"And now, please watch a clip from U.A. High School's apology press conference that just occurred." The newscaster said.

The group pushed through the crowd to watch what was going on in the screen.

"We deeply apologize for the incident that allowed harm to come to 27 first years of the hero course because of our unpreparedness. We apologize for causing unease in society due to out negligence in properly defending ourselves as a place of learning. We are truely sorry" Aizawa said, by the end of the speech he, along with Nezu and Vlad King, bowed.

"Mr. Aizawa, who hates being on TV, is..." Kirishima started looking up at the screen in shock.

"I'm from Yomiuri TV." A reporter at the conference said, his voice loud and clear through the speakers. "Since the beginning of the year, U.A. High School students have had four encounters with villains. This time, there were even students injured. How do you explain to their families, and what are some specific countermeasures you are taking?"

They're treating them like the villains. Akina thought.

This time it was Nezu who spoke, "We will increase policing in the surrounding area and review the security within the school, ensuring the students' safety with a strong position. That is what we told them."

"Huh? What are these guys saying?" A crowd member asked.

"They're not being protected at all."

"Hero schools aren't usually defeated by villains..."

Looking around, Akina realized that by now the whole crowd around them was doubting U.A, and while it irked her and made her want to pummel each and every one of them to the ground, the weight of the situation kept her for doing so.

Taking a breath, she started to walk out of the crowd. "Come on guys. Bakugo can't wait forever."