Chapter 31

The next morning, Akina found herself standing next to some of her classmates, still tired from being woken up way too early.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen!" Aizawa greeted. "Today we will begin training camp to increase your strength. The goal of this training camp is to increase everyone's strength and with that, for everyone to obtain their provisional licenses. It is to prepare you all to face hostilities that are becoming more real by the minute. Proceed carefully." He tossed a familiar ball towards Bakugo, who caught it with ease. "So Bakugo, try throwing that."

"This is from the fitness test." Bakugo said.

"Your previous record, from right after you started school, was 705.2 meters. Let's see how much you'd improved."

Akina watched as Bakugo walked a little ways away from the group before reeling his arm back to throw the ball.

"Then... Here I go... Go to hell!" He shouted, throwing the ball with a giant explosion to boost the distance of it. Akina watched as it soared through the air and disappeared off into the forest.

"709.6 meters." Aizawa stated.

He barely improved. Akina thought to herself

"It's been about three months since you started high school. Through various experiences, you all have definitely improved. But that improvement has mainly been at the mental and technical levels, with some increase in stamina. As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved that much. That's why we will work on improving your Quirks starting today." A smile creeped onto his face, "It'll be so hard you'll feel like dying, but try not to actually die." With those words, Akina felt a mixture of fear and excitement, wonder what was going to be in store for her in the next few days.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Later that day, Akina found herself hitting her vines against a cliff side over and over. She was supposed to be strengthening the vines she could summon, though Aizawa was unaware that the vines she summoned weren't actually a part of her body, so this type of training didn't actually help her so called quirk.

With wizards, their magic is more mental than physical, so her training her 'quirk' involved meditating and becoming more in tune with the nature around her. Of course, she also focused on her physical fitness, bit that normally ended up with her doing a series of exercises.

Akina was so much in thought, that when she finally broke out of it she realized that she had carved small crevice in the cliffside. Scratching her cheek, she glanced to her side, seeing at least ten different crevices.

"If I continue at this rate, I might not have a cliff to train on anymore." Akina muttered.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

That night, Akina stood with her classmates, the only one not exhausted from the day of training.

"Now remember when we said 'Today's the only day we'll be doing stuff for you!'?" Pixie bob asked.

"At least make your own food!" A new member of the Wild Pussy cats— who Akina knew as Ragdoll— stated, her hand waving in the air very similarly to a certain exceed she knew. "Curry!"

"Yessir." Everyone around Akina slurred.

Ragdoll started to laugh. "You all look exhausted! But that doesn't mean you can make any old sloppy cat food!"

"It's true that part of rescuing someone is filling their stomachs and spirits of those exhausted during a disaster. That's U.A. For you! No opportunity wasted! Let's make the most delicious curry in the world everyone!" Iida exclaimed, making an attempt to cheer up the sullen class.

"Okay..." Most of them responded.

Akina just looked around, "We can do it guys! How hard can cooking curry be?"

It wasn't long before everyone was working on making curry, while people were working on lightning the fires, Akina was chopping the vegetables silently next to Bakugo, who was surprisingly good with the knife. Once all the veggies were cooked, she placed them in a pan over one of the lit fires, watching as they simmered.

It didn't take long for dinner to be ready, and even though it tasted like crap, everyone scarfed it down without caring for the taste. To be honest, it's better than cooked fish. Akina thought to herself, remembering the amount of jobs she's gone on with Natsu and happy and ending up eating cooked fish for who knows how long.

After eating, everyone bathed in the hot springs and almost immediately fell asleep, everyone except Akina. It was late into the night as the mage was laying in the sleeping bag and staring up at the ceiling. She didn't feel the slightest tired since the traning she went through— while slightly tiring— didn't help her improve at all.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring more opportunities for improvement.

The next day, Akina was back with hitting her vines against a cliff side, only stopping when she heard Pixie-bob call start talking.

"Tonight we'll have a test of courage with the calluses pitted against each other! After training hard, you can play hard!"

A test of courage, huh? Sounds like my kind of thing. Akina thought, a grin coming to her face.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

That night after preparing and eating dinner, the classes gathered in front of the forest. Unfortunately the kids who had extra classes had to miss out on the activity, which devastated them. As Pixie-bob was describing the rules— everyone will be in pairs and go through a specific route in the forest, all the while getting scares from the other class— Akina had already thought of ways to scare people.

Akina seemed to be paired with Midoriya. As the two of them waited to be called up to go, a burning smell made it's way to Akina's nose. Not a small explosion burn or quirk fire burn from Bakugo or Todoroki, but a forest fire burn. As well as that, a rancid poisonous smell came from in front of her. Luckly, it wasn't just her who smelt it, and more students noticed the smell of fire, as well as the smoke rising up from the forest.

"A forest fire?" Midoriya asked.

Akina turned to watch Pixie-bob get thrown back, and the mage gritted her teeth. "I don't believe it. More villains. Things just got a bit more interesting."