Chapter 29

The day before break, Akina was patting a sorrowful Mina on the shoulder as she told everyone that she was looking forwards to hearing everyone's stories of camp. Mina, along with Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sato were thinking that they all failed the practicals which left them all in a gloomy mood.

"Hey, knowing U.A they might end up letting you go. I mean if this is a traning camp, they'd want all of us to train our power, right?" Akina said, making an attempt at cheering the pinkette up.

"They said that whoever failed the exams would have to skip traning camp and live in summer school hell." Kaminari responded, a gloom surrounding him. "We didn't pass the practicals so we're doomed. Don't you get it, Hayashi?"

"Hey, hey. I'm just trying to lighten up the mood." Akina said, jumping slightly at the door being slid open suddenly.

"Once the bell rings you should be in your seats." Aizawa said, the class now scurrying to sit down. Once they were, Aizawa greeted them and walked up to the podium. "Unfortunately there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So when it comes to the training camp in the woods... everyone is going!"

Akina looked at her teacher, the enthusiasm that he was showing slightly unnerved her, since he usually never held an expression like that.

"We really get to go to camp?" Kaminari asked.

"Seriously?" Mina asked, tears in her eyes.

"Yeah, the good news is that no one bombed the written exam, five failed the practical— badly, two teams of course and then Sero failed as well." Aizawa said.

Damn, laying it on harsh. Akina thought.

"Allow me to explaine." Aizawa continued. "For the practical battles, the teachers made sure there was a way for the students to win, otherwise you would of never stood a chance. We were interested in observing and seeing how you each worked the task at hand."

So when he said that the teachers wouldn't hold back... he was just making sure we were ready for what was to come. Akina thought as Aizawa told the class that holding the kids who failed from summer school was just a logical deception.

"Mr. Aizawa, this is the second time you've lied to us! Aren't you afraid we'll lose faith in you?" Iida asked.

"Uh, a little blunt there Tenya." Uraraka stated.

"That's a good point. I'll consider it. But I wasn't lying to you about everything. Failure is failure. We've prepared extra lessons for the five of you. Frankly they'll be much tougher than what you'd face at summer school."

Akina looked at the now worried five, a slight sense of pity falling over her. "Well, I guess they did it to themselves..." She muttered, listening as Aizawa continued on with what he was saying.

After school ended, Akina was sitting with Mina and some of the other girls chatting about training camp.

"Guys, since we're off tomorrow and we've finished exams, I have the best idea." Hagakure exclaimed, "Why doesn't class 1-A go shopping together!"

"Yeah! We've never hung out as a class before." Kaminari agreed.

"Sounds like fun! We'll be coming for sure! Right Aki?" Mina exclaimed.

Akina nodded. "For sure." She stated. "It'll be fun."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The next day Akina walked up to the others of her class, a small smile on her face as Mina energetically talked about how much she loved the mall.

"Woah! Aren't those U.A. Students?" Someone called out, pointing towards the class.

"I saw them on TV! The sports festival was so good!" Three guys exclaimed, wide smiles on their faces.

Akina gave them a smile and waved before turning towards Mina. Apparently they had decided to split up and meet back there at three, so now the two girls were browsing an outdoors activity store.

Grabbing some bug spray she straightened up and looked towards the window, letting out a small gasp she put the bug spray away and walked out of the store, heading in the direction of what had caught her eye.

Meanwhile, Mina had just bought what she needed and was looking for Akina, not finding her anywhere in the store. "Oh no, where could she of gone? I hate when she disappears like this!" She huffed. She stepped out of the store and heard a familiar squeal. "Oh. That makes sense."

A couple stores away on the other side, Akina was holding a couple kittens in her arms, her eyes starting to water. "Mina, can we get all of them?" She sobbed.

"We;be been through this before, Aki. We can't just get animals without talking to mom and dad. And you can't just grab these little guys out of of their cages, there are signs there for a reason."

"But... they're so cute." Akina whimpered.

Mina sighed. "Come on Aki, we still need stuff to get for camp."

With a sigh, the mage put the cats back and followed Mina out of the store, the two of them finishing their training camp shopping and meeting up with everyone else at the planned meeting time. Though looking at Midoriya, Akina noticed that something was off about him, but everyone talking excitedly made it hard for her to confront him about it.

I hope nothing bad happened to him while we were all split up.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A couple weeks into Summer vacation, Akina was walking to U.A next to Mina, the pinkette excitedly humming.

Apparently since they couldn't travel anywhere for the summer because of the training camp, some of the girls had sent in a request form to use the U.A pool for enjoyment.

"Hey guys, I hope we're not late!" Mina exclaimed, seeing that the rest of the class 1-A girls were waiting there.

"Oh no, not at all! We're glad you could make it!" Uraraka exclaimed, a wide smile on her face.

"Since we're all here, let's change and get into the pool." Momo stated, the girls heading into the changing room and changing into the school issued bathing suits. Afterwards, they headed to the the pool.

Looking over to the other side, Akina saw that some of the boys were there— she overheard that Kaminari and Mineta had booked the pool for endurance training, but something told Akina that wasn't the actual reason they had booked the pool.

"Akina! We're going to play some pool volleyball, want to join us?" Mina shouted, causing the mage to look back at the group.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun!" Akina exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It wasn't long until the boys had started a racing competition, and Akina was finding enjoyment in watching as the boys raced.

"Someone needs to teach these boys how to swim." Akina muttered, watching as Bakugo used his explosions to propel himself over the water to the other side, as well as Sero, Todoorki, Aoyama, and surprisingly Iida didn't even get into the water for the race.

It was soon the finals of the race, happening between happening between Bakugo, Midoriya, and Todoroki. As Iida called for the race to start, the three of them jumped off of the podiums and immediately fell into the water, causing confusion among the class.

"It's 5 p.m." a voice stated, and Akina looked over to see Aizawa' his quirk activated. "Your pool time has now ended. Hurry up and go home."

"Come on, Mr. Aizawa. We just got to the good part!" Kaminari pleaded.

Aizawa's eyes glinted and he gave the class a glare that could rival Erza's, "Did you say something?"

"Nothing, sir!" The class replied.

With that, everyone changed back into their clothing and headed home. As Akina was walking beside Mina, her thoughts were focused on the upcoming training camp. Despite the fact that she got a bad feeling when she thought about it, she hoped that everything would run smoothly and they would have a pleasant camp experience.