Prelude

Prelude

Pinagmasdan ko ang paligid at pansamantalang naestatwa sa kinatatayuan ko.

My eyes glimmered for everything was so bright and vivid. But not on that particular figure in the center.

Hindi pangkaraniwan ang liwanag sa paligid ng buong lugar. Sa pag-aakalang nasa alapaap na ng kalangitan, sinubukan kong alalahanin kung naaksidente ba ako o na-admit man lang sa ospital ngunit wala namang sumagi sa isip kalaunan.

My brows snapped together as I narrowed my eyes.

The place was just in a complete luster and luminance... with a familiar melody, white grand piano, and a figure of a man in a white suit behind it. Everything was clear aside from the pianist. Humakbang ako para lapitan habang idinuduyan ng marahang musika.

But even after my attempt of nearing him, there was something that's holding me back. My intuition was certain. I wanted to see him. To see if I know him or some sort. Yet I didn't know why but for some reason, I halted from my trail... as I shut my eyes... and heeded to the mellow music.

"Let's get away from here,

Away to a universe that's not so close, my dear.

And in my eyes you'll stay.

Amazing how you take my breath away..."

I opened my eyes. Hindi ko pa rin maaninag ang lalaki hanggang ngayon. Ngunit alam kong nakapikit ang mga mata, ninanamnam ang musika at ang simbuyo ng damdamin sa ginagawa.

He's blurry to my eyes, yes. But it's amusing to see how he looked so passionate despite that complication.

"I'm hoping for the real thing,

And I know I find my realness in you.

These nights are never-ending...

To have you here would be so overdue.

And somehow I'm just falling away too quickly,

The moment that you put your hand in mine...

No wasted time..."

My lips parted for a gasp when a drop of liquid suddenly trickled to my hand. Tiningala ko ang ulo para alamin kung saan nanggaling ngunit huli na nang natanto kong muli iyon sa sariling mga mata. The next thing I knew, my eyes were flooded by tears.

"Let's get away from here

Away to a universe that's not so close, my dear.

And in my eyes you'll stay

Amazing how you take my breath away..."

"Who are you?! Stop it!"

I screamed with all my might but the music reverberated even more as if it's echoing in my ears!

The piano keys intensified as the faceless man pressed each key as he sang the bridge of the song in *crescendo. Very, very loud and quick!