Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Red

578. That's what my plarameter flashed on its screen.

"Tita! Oh, my god! She's awake!"

It was a sunny Saturday and everything was supposed to be mundane. But really, it wasn't. It just couldn't be.

"Mich? Anak! Can you hear me?"

Natasha's right. I finally woke up.

Two days. According to them, that day, I passed out and was unconscious for minutes. Someone rushed me to the nearest hospital. It looked fatal.

I woke up after a few minutes. But my body was too weak and exhausted that I slept for almost two days.

Nalaman nila na hindi naging maganda ang eating and sleeping routine ko sa mga araw na nagdaan. Hindi pa nakatulong ang mga rebelasyong nalaman ko. Sabay-sabay at malaking dagok sa pagkatao ko.

The headache I suffered was fatal, too. Malaki ang naging epekto noon para sa akin. Then not so long ago, I heard I was diagnosed of anemia.

Hindi ko na alam kung anong mararamdam ko sa mga sandaling iyon. Ano ba dapat ang maramdaman kung ganoon? Para bang manhid na ang buong katawan ko. Because seriously, I've heard... and seen... worse than anemia. I couldn't be surprised anymore.

"Mich, kain ka na please," halos pagmamakaawa ni Natasha.

Lumipas ang ilang oras simula nang nagising ako, hindi ko pa rin magawang ibuka ang bibig para kumain. O kahit magsalita man lang. Even I couldn't feel myself anymore for that moment. Para bang... dumilat lang ako. Ngunit wala pa rin responde sa paligid. My senses couldn't function properly. I was... merely breathing.

I was aware Mommy's crying in the corner. She's not making any noises but I just knew. Daddy's outside the private room's balcony, doing some important call. Natasha was the only one who had the courage to deal with me that time.

Wala munang ibang bisita na pinahintulutang dumalaw. Ngunit nagimbal ako nang sumuko si Natasha sa pamimilit sa aking kumain, kapalit ang pagkukuwento niya sa mga nangyari noong wala pa akong malay.

"Tita told me everything when you're asleep. Hindi niya na... napigilan." She sighed. "She needed someone to talk to so... we talked while we're waiting for you to wake up..."

Naisip ko, kung ginagawa niya iyon para makakuha ng reaksiyon man lang mula sa akin, nagtagumpay siya.

Unconsciously, I flinched a bit. I felt her hand touching mine and it's very evident there was a pity in her eyes. 

"I-I'm so sorry... If only I was always here to be with you all the time, I would look after you and wouldn't allow those people to harm you. Or to... to feel lonely just by yourself."

I fixed my position and decided to lay down on the bed again. I didn't like where that conversation was heading. But Natasha continued. Which reminded me about the delusion I witnessed that day.

"Sabi ni Tita, si... Emman daw ang nagsugod sayo rito."

I found myself clutching onto the bedsheets tightly. Goosebumps rose from my skin as I pressed my eyes close.

No. It's not true. That's not him. It was just my illusion. They just wanted to deceive me so they could get a reaction from me. Did they think I'd bounce myself crazy because of that scoop?

Siniksik ko pa lalo ang aking sarili sa kama at pinilit nang buong puso ang pagtulog.

"All this time... n-nandito pala siya sa Pilipinas, Mich..."