Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Truth

I couldn't remember myself sleeping that night. Nakahiga lang ako at tulala sa kisame buong gabi, hindi na nahagilap pa ang antok mula sa nabiting tulog.

"What happened to you, Mich?" nag-aalalang tanong ni Mommy kinaumagahan.

Tuloy-tuloy ko lang silang nilagpasan, handa na sa pag-alis. Ni hindi ko na maalala kung nakapagpalit ba ako ng mga gamit sa loob ng bag ngunit dinampot ko na lang ang madadampot at hindi na nag-abala pang mag-ayos.

"Mich! Kinakausap ka namin!" sigaw ni Daddy nang sundan ako hanggang sa pinto.

I halted and furiously face the both of them. "I remember now and I need to know everything if you can't give it to me yourself!"

"What did you-"

Hindi na natapos ni Mommy ang sasabihin niya nang hinayaan na ako ni Dad.

"Let her be, Sandra. I received a message from Ma'am Damara. They can handle this."

Hindi ko na hinintay pa ang sunod na sasabihin nila at tumakbo na palabas ng gate. Naghihintay si Rave doon at nakabukas na ang pinto ng passenger's seat kaya madali akong nakapasok.

When he looked at me like I was a fragile porcelain, I felt the urge to tear up but I was already out of supply. Natuyo na ang mga luha dahil naubos na kagabi at namanhid na rin ang katawan.

"Did you even sleep?" aniya na inilingan ko lang sabay pikit sa kinauupuan.

Manuel...

Now that I wasn't emotional enough, I have the ability to dig deeper under the shallow surface.

Emmanuel Klavier Trevino Demetriou introduced himself as Emman. He made us believe that he hated Manuel because it was too manly for him. His family wasn't aware about his gender orientation so he didn't have the courage to stop them from calling him Manuel.

That's what he told us. And it was all a lie, a front to cover up the truth behind that name.

Based on his story, I presumed that he was just afraid that I'd remember him if he kept his Manuel identity, the same case with his gender and voice. Ginawa niya iyon dahil pinilit niyang maging isang tao na hindi siya. Para pagtakpan ang totoong pagkatao.

Ella...

That's how they addressed me when I was a kid. That was my nickname even before the origin of Mich.

And lastly, Damara Ginette, the woman behind my strange dream. The woman behind the mellow voice in my memory. And the woman who fucking chose to be with her husband and the illegitimate daughter at the expense of abandoning me.

But my father, I still couldn't remember anything from him. It was a missing puzzle that I wanted to find out because no matter how vast the memories I remembered were, it still didn't make sense how I ended up being in this situation.

Pinanghahawakan ko lang ang kuwento sa akin nina Mommy at Daddy tungkol sa totoo kong mga magulang at wala nang iba. Naaalala ko na lahat ngunit malakas ang kutob kong may nawawala pa ring detalye.

Bakit ako nawalan ng alaala? Bakit hindi ko man lang maaninag ang tunay kong ama?

I wanted to believe that Punong Maestro was my real father but it just felt so wrong as if it wouldn't fit. It also didn't help that Rave Jackson was so eager to reject the idea that he was my father last night. That's why I stopped foreseeing that he was then my father.