Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Concert (Part 3)

I don't know if it was just my illusion or Klavier really was shimmering on the podium. It's like my vision had an instant filter to embellish his visuals to me from a distance.

Glowing under the spotlight at the center stage, he was leading the whole orchestra, obedient to his every demand and gesture.

"There's a place in your heart

And I know that it is love

And this place could be much

Brighter than tomorrow."

I don't know how to get away from that wonderment. While everyone managed to move on from that shock, I was completely dumbfounded and eyes still focused on him.

"And if you really try

You'll find there's no need to cry

In this place you'll feel

There's no hurt or sorrow."

It took me a long while to understand what's happening. It's amusing to see how the musicians in the ensemble responded to his every command and tempo.

"Heal the world

Make it a better place

For you and for me

And the entire human race

There are people dying

If you care enough for the living

Make it a better place

For you and for me."

Klavier showed everyone in the arena what he wanted to convey and thus actually followed by the musicians.

Every move of his hands and even his entire body showed power, command, order, and discipline. And it didn't fail to result to a very sensational performance interpreted by the ensemble.

Klavier gave clear cues. He demonstrated flawless rhythms through his conduct. He was basically communicating music and giving justice to that legendary composition.

Klavier wasn't just the conductor. For that moment, he was the complete epitome of passion. He was the representation of music.

Kaya naman nang natapos, hindi na nakakapagtaka kung bakit halos lahat ng nakaupo ay napatayo upang biyayaan sila ng masigabong palakpakan. Kahit ang mga tao sa backstage ay iyon din ang ipinakita.

Napangiti na lang ako, hindi maintindihan ang sarili kung bakit naging emosyonal sa pagtatanghal na iyon.

"Nakakahiya tuloy sundan!"

"Standing ovation! Kainis!"

Naghari ang mga komento sa backstage, lalo na ng mga tutugtog kasunod ng ensemble ni Maestro Dulcet, ang ginang na kasalukuyang nagpapahid ng luha, hinihintay ang kanyang mga estudyante habang kino-congratulate ng mga kapuwa Maestro. Isa na roon ang Maestro namin.

"Shocks! Tayo na kasunod!" wagwag ng mga kamay ni Faye.

Sumalang na ang kasunod ng chamber kasabay ang pagdumog ng halos 40 estudyante sa backstage. Pilit nilang hininaan ang hiyaw at tuwang-tuwang nagkumpulan. Ang iba ay nakikitalon pa sa kasiyahan.

Samantalang ang mga mata ko, pilit hinahanap ang lalaking naka-tux. Ngunit ilang minuto na ang nakalipas, tinanggap ko ang pagkabingo nang hindi na ito nagpakita pa.