Epilogue

Epilogue

"A-Ah! Masakit!"

"You asked for it," I stifled my inevitable amusement before she fumes out more.

"Pero ang haba!" she almost cried, her fingernails digging the surface of my skin.

Imbes na masaktan sa pagbaon ng kuko niya sa akin ay mas naging matimbang ang pagkamangha ko sa reaksiyon niya. I couldn't help but free my laugh.

"It's just the same, baby. Ten characters like mine. The only difference is the space!" I tried putting some sense to her but the little witch glared at me.

"Wala akong pake basta masakit! Mas masakit pa sa hakdog mong mas mahaba pa rito!"

Hindi ko na napigilan ang tawa. Alam niyang foreigner ang tattoo artist. Hindi nito naiintindihan. Iyon nga lang, halatang problemado na ang banyaga dahil masyadong magulo ang kliyente ngayon.

I felt bad for him. But that's when sad reality latched onto me that I'm pitier for having to put up with this woman every single day.

However, when her last words registered in my mind, my brow shot up feeling threatened and challenged.

"So you want it harder with me, huh?" May gana pa akong tuksuhin ang asawa sa kalagitnaan ng kalbaryo niya ngayon.

Medyo napadiin ang kamay ng artist dahil sa narinig kaya lalong dumiin ang kuko ng asawa sa akin.

"Emmanuel!"

My shortie cried more when the tattoo artist continued after scratching his forehead stressfully.

Now I couldn't stand her serious pain anymore. I sat beside her and caressed her head to hush her down.

"You're almost done, shortie," I told her before kissing her free hand, buying her acting skills because I knew it wasn't really that hurtful. She's overreacting, probably just to be spoiled with nestles.

When it's done, we thanked the tattooist who tat me up, too, before. When Michaela learned about the professional's visit to the Philippines, she nagged me about contacting him right away to make her dream come true. Being inked upon the same forearm using the same symbols I used but with a different message.

Te recuerdo.

She told me she wanted to match mine so who am I to say no to my dear wife?

"You like it?" I then slid my arms around her waist as she busied herself staring at her new tattoo.

A smile displayed on her lips when she looked up at me and nodded like a little kid happy with her new dolly.

"I love it, baby," she answered heartily before pulling my arm.

She stuck out her forearm beside mine and I could tell she's enjoying the sight of our forearms matching each other.

I groaned and nestled her with my other arm as I sniffed on her hair, planting a kiss on her head.

"Now where were we?" I whispered in her ear.

"Huh?" She glanced at me again but this time, with innocent confusion in her face.

I held her waist to make her turn to me and pulled her more, leaving no space between us. Napangisi ako.

"I think I heard you saying about how painful your tat was more than your husband's dick?"

She instantly blushed. But there's a hint of playfulness in her pout, too.

"That's just a spur of the moment, big man. Now that I'm sober enough to compare, of course, my favorite microphone is still the best."