SIX

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 6 : liking someone more than i should

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"min chanyu..." kyunghee said in awe of her.

her ex best friend nodded with smile and asked, "miss me?"

"y-yeah."

"i missed you," she smiled brightly, doing lots of hand gestures. "america wasn't fun without you..."

kyunghee's face was dull as she replied, "really?"

"sorry for annoying you in the past. i just don't like desperate whores... now, let's we be friends again, okay?" chanyu put her hand between the two for her to shake. kyunghee's lip trembled.

"don't call me a whore." kyunghee said as she looked away. "what kind of person even says that?"

"i'm sure you've changed." chanyu sarcastically sympathized. "hopefully, you're not living on the sidewalk anymore, right?"

kyunghee sighed as memories were coming back to her. she had felt peaceful for a year, but everything was now hitting her like a truck again.

"shut up," kyunghee gathered enough confidence to say.

"sorry," she cackled heartlessly. "but i'll see you later? bye, k-hee."

chanyu walked into the school building as she swung her purse back and forth. kyunghee sighed and sat down on the ground beside her poor bike.

this couldn't get any worse, she thought.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"friends again, my foot," junichi scoffed after kyunghee told her new best friends everything there was to know about her past with chanyu.

hyoju agreed, "she sounds musty. get yeosang to light her on fire or something."

"trust me, yeosang doesn't like her either."

the three stood up and stretched at the end of their last class. the day was almost over, but kyunghee was still in so many feelings.

kyunghee considered it for a second, but shook her head. "if only it was legal, i would call yeosang up so fast to beat the—"

"yikes, speaking of him..." junichi discreetly pointed towards the back of the room where the gang sat. "did they ruin your bike?"

honestly, she didn't know. kyunghee shrugged, "if it was, i'm not scared to kill them."

"...oh, cute!" hyoju squealed suddenly as she pinched her younger friend's cheeks. kyunghee pouted and brushed her off.

"yeosang said he'd drive me home, but now he has plans with his friends," kyunghee informed them, sighing sadly. "can you guys be my uber for a night."

"i would, but i have soccer practice, hon," hyoju sighed and pat her arm sympathetically.

junichi looked distraught as well when he said, "i'll be staying a while after school to study, but if you can wait..."

"why don't you just get a taxi?" asked hyoju, who blew a bubble with her gum.

"n-no. i can't." she stuttered as they edged nearer to finding out she couldn't pay for it. the two others looked at the suddenly nervous girl, and just shrugged.

"maybe maybe my desk mate in physics class could..." kyunghee began brainstorming. "he's nice and he can drive..."

"so can i." seonghwa reminded her as he pulled up a chair and sat in it backwards, leaning over the back. "not so much 'nice' though."

"you?" hyoju laughed and pat kyunghee's head softly. "i don't trust you with my little girl."

seonghwa chuckled and lifted his eyebrows as he looked at hyoju, "i asked kyunghee, not you."

"jeez, you're so rude."

kyunghee shook her head rapidly, "oh, i have a friend who can take me, don't worry."

"mhm, who?" seonghwa asked, clearly knowing something was up.

"um, k-kim taehyung."

seonghwa cracked a smile and said softly, "funny. i'll meet you in the parking lot after school."

he stood and pushed the chair back at a random desk aggressively. seonghwa gave some signal to his friends, and they all left the room early.

kyunghee dropped her head down onto her desk, whining, "why can't i ever fight back with him?"

"sweetie, good try, but everyone knows v is an idol, not a student here." hyoju advised. "good luck, i guess."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"seonghwa?" kyunghee asked as she carefully stepped into the dim parking lot beside the school. all the guys' motorbikes were still parked there, so they all must be caught up in something for the moment.

she walked over to seonghwa's bike and sat on it. kyunghee sparked an idea and put her own pink helmet on quickly.

she pretended like she was driving the motorcycle on her own, mimicking turns and such. she even rolled her r's to sound like the engine roaring.

behind her approached seonghwa, who giggled upon seeing the childish girl. he called her, "you'd look better on a pink mini scooter."

kyunghee literally jumped, blood rushing to her face. "i-i got bored. hurry up!"

he kept chuckling as he got on the bike with her. before he put his helmet on, he turned around and looked at her closely. kyunghee pursed her lips and backed up shyly.

they looked so out of place together. seonghwa's veins bulged as he held onto the handles of his bike, and was in all black clothes and all sorts of silver accessories covered his body; meanwhile, kyunghee had bright eyes and wore frilly socks and a light pink helmet, her baby bangs peeping out.

despite their looks and actions, they both felt some sort of odd connection to each other. neither could explain it, but they liked it - a lot.

"can i take you somewhere before you go home?"

kyunghee didn't have to think twice, "sure."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄