THIRTEEN

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 13 : immune to poison

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

yeosang, kyunghee, hyoju, and junichi sat together at a lunch table one day. kyunghee forced them all to get together exclusively because she had some intense tea to spill.

"guys... i think i know who broke my bike." she announced in a low whisper.

hyoju squinted her eyes threateningly at yeosang, "your cousin finally confessed, huh?"

"i can't stand stupid girls like you," yeosang scoffed at her and reclined in his chair, glaring back just as menacingly.

"i'm almost 100% sure it was chanyu." said kyunghee.

everyone gasped. junichi added, "disappointed, but not surprised."

yeosang nodded, "yikes. you sure you want to fight her?"

kyunghee shook her head unknowingly, "i-i guess i'll just have to get her to apologize. asking her for money back won't work."

hyoju shook her hands, "woah, woah, woah. what proof do you have?"

"she, well... it could only be her. she also said something weird about my new bike." kyunghee mentioned. her lack of evidence was another reason why she'd lose a case in court. no bueno.

the kids sat silently for a moment, debating what to do. yeosang shrugged, "all i can think is to get seonghwa to help you."

"w-why him?"

"don't you know? his dad is one of the best lawyers in korea, if not all of asia." yeosang told them. "chanyu's dad probably uses him, so maybe seonghwa can cut that off."

junichi nodded in agreement, "i heard his dad has never lost a case. so cool~"

kyunghee began to smile a little. maybe things wouldn't turn out so bad... all because of seonghwa.

before their next class, kyunghee skipped over to hwa who was sitting at his desk. however, he was fast asleep, propped on his arm as a pillow.

kyunghee tapped his shoulder delicately, "seonghwa?"

his eyes opened slowly and he raised his eyebrow. "hm?"