THIRTY THREE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 33 : the sour taste of dysphoria

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

kyunghee was just coming home from dinner with jaeeun and her mom. on saturday nights, they liked to go out and have fun in the city and eat dinner.

"you ready to go?" they all heard from the end of the hallway. their were voices inside already.

jaeeun went first towards the noise. it was yunho, san, mingi, seonghwa and yeosang, seeming to be getting ready for some sort of event. it wasn't surprising; those boys always liked to be on the go - especially on a saturday night.

"hey, boys. what's going on?" jaeeun asked.

they replied surprisingly politely. "hi, sir. we're about to go off to a party."

"party? ...wooyoung's party?" kyunghee asked, putting puzzle pieces together. they all nodded, and she sighed.

yeosang added, "you're always welcome to come..."

"yeah, don't you wanna come?"

kyunghee shrugged and rubbed her arm anxiously. "m-maybe next time?"

the five boys grabbed their things and quickly head out for the party at wooyoung's. swiftly, seonghwa placed a kiss on kyunghee's head.

"i'll see you soon. you sure you don't wanna hang out with me?" seonghwa asked her softly, twirling a strand of her hair on his finger delicately.

"i'm sure. i'll be okay at home." she said. "stay safe. also, i love you."

he chuckled, "i love you more. see ya."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

the party was absolutely intense inside. they were safe to say that they'd never experienced such a crazy party - and that says a lot.

the amount of people, the mess everywhere, the blaring music, the lights, the scents, the drinks - everything - tied together to make this party a place to lose your mind and forget everything around you. poor wooyoung would have a fun time cleaning up tomorrow.

"hey, i heard some girls are outside 'doing their thing'. let's go watch." yeosang chuckled and tugged on seonghwa's arm.

the older stayed solid, thinking of kyunghee. "no, thanks. maybe i'll just drink for now."