EIGHTEEN

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 18 : i fell for him, and forgot to resist

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

april 3, 2019

kyunghee woke up about forty minutes early and decided to make japanese bento boxes for lunch. one for herself, one for yeosang (since he slept over), and one for the birthday boy, park seonghwa.

seonghwa's was extra special - it was his big day after all. she added decorations around his sushi. after it was all wrapped up prettily, she got ready to go to school.

after everyone was ready to go to school at around 7:20 am, yeosang and kyunghee ate breakfast in the kitchen. mom was already taking care of jaeeun, who was almost fully recovered.

yeosang ate a bite of his cereal and eyed kyunghee curiously, "why do you look so fancy today? and what's with the makeup...?"

"why can't i look cute once in a while?"

he scoffed and finished his food, placing the dishes in the sink. when he turned back around, he saw kyunghee placing three lunchboxes in her bag.

he laughed, "fattie. what's with all the food?"

"they're not all for me!" kyunghee fought back. "in fact, i made one for you, so you should be nice to me."

yeosang sighed and took one of the bento boxes from her so she wouldn't have to carry so much. kyunghee panicked upon seeing which one he took and grabbed it back.

"wait don't take that one!"

"why?"

"it's seonghwa's," kyunghee softly told him. a blush grew on her face. yeosang chuckled and nodded along.

"right, it's his birthday... so that's why you're dressed nice."

kyunghee scowled, "no, i'm only dressed cute because i wanted to. not because of seonghwa."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

at lunchtime, the big moment came where kyunghee would have to deliver the lunchbox to seonghwa. she hadn't been able to talk to seonghwa much today, so hopefully she could talk to them about the lake house retreat.

after getting pep-talked by junichi and hyoju, she too a deep breath, then walked to the gang's table. it was a picnic table outside, isolated from the huge, noisy cafeteria.