FORTY SIX

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 46 : you see, myhope was all but gone

hope was all but gone

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

two days had passed since kyunghee had seen or heard from seonghwa at all. she could hear him saying 'i love you' on repeat in her head, almost as if he was haunting her.

kyunghee decided to hang out with white wings to hopefully take her mind off it. if it could help in the slightest, she was ready. xianmei and eun were going to pick her up soon.

"hey, yeosang? i'm going to go hang out with white wings." she told her cousin before leaving the house.

he sat up in bed quickly and squinted, "not without me."

"no boys allowed, loser." she chuckled.

"kyunghee!" yeosang shouted aggressively. kyunghee stopped in her tracks and stared. he continued, "you do not leave my side. i promised to stay by you."

"what are you my bodyguard now? who'd you promise to?" she crossed her arms.

"seonghwa. before he left."

her jaw dropped slightly, then her lip trembled. looking at the ground and not his eyes.

"why?" kyunghee softy asked. "did something bad happen?"

"i don't even know, he won't tell me." yeosang stated. he stood up and pat kyunghee on the head. "but do as he says, okay?"

"alright... what am i gonna do about the girls?"

yeosang chuckled, "i'll just come with you."

kyunghee scoffed at him, "that's a bad idea."

"eun is there," he reminded kyunghee. "and my hair looks good today. come on, let's go."

after a bit of arguing, kyunghee complied and went with yeosang outside. eun was parked outside of her house with xianmei in the front seat. upon seeing the cousins, eun honked the horn.

"hey, losers. what are you doing here yeosang?" eun asked with a confused expression.

kyunghee gulped, realizing that eun still didn't know that she was related to yeosang.

yeosang didn't realize the secret, so he blurted, "kyung and i are cousins, and seonghwa's gone for a little bit so i have i stay with her."