FORTY NINE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 49 : here i come kick in the door

chapter 49 : here i
come kick in the door

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

as soon as the three boys who had fought inside - hongjoong, mingi, and san - were safely sat inside of the car among the rest of ateez, there was a collective feeling of relief.

yunho got into the front seat and nodded, "someone grab jongho and wooyoung so we can get out of here."

yeosang shook her head, "hey, kyunghee's in there too... we can't just leave her."

yunho said, "she told us not to interfere no matter what, no matter if she got hurt."

"why did she say that?" asked mingi bitterly.

"she wanted to prove to white wings that she's worth it. she's passionate about them. also, they're beating cloud 9 at the moment with ease so we shouldn't worrry. trust me, they'll be fine." yeosang explained idly, believing in his little cousin fully.

"but what if—" san was tersely cut off by hongjoong, "if anything goes wrong, we can always come back. now, we have to get going because seonghwa's not looking too good right now."

everyone nodded to san, who hopped out to quickly grab the youngest members so they could get out of there.

it really didn't take long at all, maybe even a matter of seconds, for san to corral them. once all inside the van, yunho stepped on the gas with a sense of urgency, driving towards seonghwa's house - their temporary headquarters - in the dark midnight sky.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

white wings departed from the yoshikawa home as soon as possible. once everyone was in the car, including kyunghee, eun took a role call.

"everyone's here?" she asked, over everyone's noisy panting. when they nodded back, eun stepped on the gas forcefully, sending the car forward towards home.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ateez carried and laid seonghwa into his bed, with wooyoung murmuring 'why is he so heavy?'. then, they made sure he was okay. he was breathing, but that was about the only thing he had going for him. however, they weren't all too worried because they knew he'd wake up soon and heal well with some meds, food, and rest - this wasn't their first experience with unconsciousness.