THIRTY ONE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

thirty one : i wish i stayed home with you

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

kyunghee struck different poses in her mirror, waiting for junichi to pick her up for the family dinner. she was satisfied with her outfit, a pair of white skinny jeans paired with a red and white checkered top that had a sweetheart neckline and ruffles.

just then, a horn honked outside of her place. kyunghee grabbed her things and left, hoping for the best tonight.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

junichi sighed as the two reached the door of his pretty house. he was nervous because he honestly didn't know if things could go to plan. kyunghee, though, was willing to help her friend no matter what.

she felt like she was in debt to him somehow. it was because he loyally stuck with her through thick and thin, when hyoju couldn't. he was a great friend and kyunghee was grateful.

"we got this." junichi told himself as he turned the key into the door and led kyunghee inside. the yoshikawa couple was waiting for their arrival and greeted them quickly.

"it's so nice to finally meet you, kyunghee! you're very a beautiful girl," mrs. yoshikawa was blushing and giggling, already liking kyunghee.

mr. yoshikawa was happy too, "ah, you don't have to be so formal with us! i can tell you're a nice girl,"

kyunghee nodded along and chuckled with them. as junichi's mom was going to lead them all into the dining room, someone else entered the room.

he was very tall and lean with messy jet-black hair. he looked into kyunghee's eyes, piercing her with his curious stare. it was yoshikawa kaiga, junichi's older brother.

"damn, who's this?" kaiga smirked and he kept his eyes trained on kyunghee, who was confused and a little disgusted.

she remembered junichi's statements about his brother being 'girl-crazy' and 'annoying'. junichi didn't lie at all.

mrs. yoshikawa smacked kaiga's arm scornfully, "that's your brother's girlfriend kyunghee. be polite!"

timidly, kyunghee introduced herself first, "hi, i'm kang kyunghee."

"kaiga." he uttered. "how did junichi get with a girl this cute?"

junichi turned completely red and shook his head. such questions made his blood boil since she was his best friend and not some object for him, "shut up, you're gonna make her uncomfortable."