THIRTY SIX

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chapter 36 : you have poems insideof you that even paper can't handle

of you that even paper can't handle

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

kyunghee was walking around aimlessly near the location she told the boys. she hoped that they'd arrive soon because the man kept following her intently, able to pounce on her at any moment. she was scared to say the least. kyunghee didn't know if she could stay somewhat calm much longer.

with perfect timing, two shiny back motorcycles pulled up near her with speed. the two boys jumped off and ran towards her.

yeosang took kyunghee and made her get on his motorcycle. meanwhile, seonghwa went towards the sketchy man.

she watched fearfully as seonghwa punched the guy's jaw. seonghwa felt violent, but he restrained himself from injuring him more.

"stay the fuck away from my girlfriend, creep." he growled, staring with fire in his eyes. it was at that moment that seonghwa got a good look at the boy.

it was a guy from one of the enemy gangs to ateez. it was called cloud 9, and he assumed this member was here for kyunghee because of one factor: yoshikawa kaiga was a member of cloud 9.

but seonghwa kept shut for now and acted like he didn't notice. he spit in the guy's face before looking around, making sure his kyunghee was safe and sound.

yeosang chuckled at the angry boy and revved his motorcycle. kyunghee's lips were parted, watching seonghwa in awe as if she was seeing him for the first time.

it was like she fell in love again. then she scolded herself. she reminded herself of what he potentially did.

"kyunghee," seonghwa called her, grabbing a helmet. "wanna ride with me?"

she hesitated. it hurt, but she responded, "no, thanks."

yeosang was then signaled by her to leave, and he did. they sped off towards home that night. however, seonghwa didn't move or flinch.

he stood still and watched. seonghwa felt horrible after kyunghee turned him down. she used to only dream of being near him, riding his motorcycle, or holding his hand.

now she didn't want to do any of that with him anymore. it was official; seonghwa was heartbroken.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

seonghwa didn't sleep well that night. the reason why was pretty obvious, especially now since he knew cloud 9 was interacting with them again.

so the next morning, he got up early and drove to school with one thing in mind. he had to make things right. this pointless fight was going on too long.

the entire day, kyunghee avoided him. when he'd call her name, she'd walk faster. when he waited by her locker, she would just borrow a friend's books to avoid him.

it was miserable for both of them all day. then the last bell rang, and seonghwa ran out of chances. he groaned, punching a locker. the noise was loud in the almost empty corridor, that it scared the people passing by.

one faint gasp of a girl was heard. seonghwa raised his eyebrow and glanced around the corner. it was kyunghee, who held her hand over her heart in shock.

"hey," seonghwa called bluntly. "i missed you today."

kyunghee stopped walking and turned around, yet still didn't reply. she stayed quiet, even if she wanted to say it back.

"are you losing interest in me?" he sadly asked.

kyunghee spoke without thinking, "not yet."

he sighed gladly and told her, "you better not. i don't know what i'd do without you."

once again, kyunghee couldn't answer.

"are you still upset? i'm telling the truth, you know..."

"i'm not mad, just confused. let's just talk later. yeosang's waiting for me." kyunghee told him.

"no," seonghwa said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back. she was so close to him. "we're fixing this now. if not, it'll never be fixed. and i don't want that."

"fine. so, are you really telling the truth? about everything?" kyunghee questioned him.

seonghwa nodded vigorously, the chains around his neck moving too, "yes, baby. i love you. hyoju wanted revenge on us since i didn't want anything to do with her."

"really? oh..." kyunghee put a hand over her mouth. now all of the pieces were coming together. perhaps seonghwa was telling the truth all along. "hyoju blackmailed you?"

"yes! she paid someone to take a picture with her because he looked like me." seonghwa explained further. "she did it because i wouldn't give her what she wanted."

"and what would that be?" questioned kyunghee.

"to give her my love."

sighing, kyunghee felt a bit of relief. he was sincere, she could tell. and now her mind was less jumbled and vexing; she believed him.

he asked abruptly, "what makes you think i'd ever cheat on you?"

"p-people always tell me i'm too boring for you..."

"no, you're not." he rolled his eyes. seonghwa suddenly wrapped his arms around her and placed his chin on the top of her head. as he stroked her hair, he said. "i like you just the way you are."

she didn't respond, but a tiny smile was on her face now.

"i love you," he continued. "and i love your stupid music taste, and your stupid pink clothes you wear, and the stupid face you make when you eat spicy food."

"i love you, too. and your stupid motorcycle, and your stupid cute laugh, and your stupid love-hate for sweets, and how stupidly handsome you are." kyunghee chuckled happily.

she sighed, feeling so relieved to be able to trust him again. maybe not fully yet, but she knew deep in her heart that he was being genuine about everything.

"so we're okay again?" seonghwa was grinning brightly.

"yes, thankfully. but if ever find out that you lied..."

seonghwa shook his head, "you can kill me on the spot if i ever hurt you. okay?"

she chuckled and buried her face into his black turtleneck, joking, "okay."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄