What being a Hero truly means.

Author's notes: Hey guys! I want to shower all of you with hugs and thank you even to those who didn't read my last thing, thank you for sticking around and making it easier for me to update this book. And thank you for everyone who commented on the last thing I published, I always knew I wasn't alone in this but hearing it from other people helped me just as much. I want you all to know as well, you're not alone. Even if the worlds gone to shit, even if you feel hopeless. You can just keep holding on to the good things in life, even if there is the littlest thing, just remembering is enough to get you through sometimes. Thank you so much once again, I look forward to continuing our journey together. <3

Izuku

I heard the door open and the shuffling of feet, blinding sunlight pierced my sensitive eyes.

"Time to wake up Izuku, it's a big day today," Mom said as she pulled the curtains open, but she wasn't too enthusiastic. She paused and hung on to the curtain fabric, "Why didn't you come home from training last night?"

"Wha?" I said in confusion rubbing my burning eyes, my whole body felt sore. And strangely, I couldn't remember anything that happened last night. "What happened last night?"

"You didn't come home after training and I panicked, Katsuki helped me find you. At the old park. Unconscious. " She added.

"I-.....I'm sorry mom.....I didn't mean to...I guess I was just stressed and wanted to take a break for a bit."

"It was late Izuku, something could have happened." She reasoned. "I was really worried."

"Sorry," I said again looking down. She sighed.

"Okay, just don't do it again. Come down for breakfast, today is the entrance exam!" She said quickly forgetting about the incident. I nodded and ruffled my messy hair.

WAIT.

Did she say Ka-Bakugou was looking for me?!

No. Auntie probably told him to.

He probably hated it.

No, I need to focus on the exam today. I couldn't afford to wonder about that. I got out of bed and headed downstairs. Mom had already cooked breakfast and I sat at the table.

"Thank you for the meal~" I started to eat, I could feel mom's eyes on me, she was smiling.

"You know, Katsuki....he carried you all the way home last night."

PHHHFDFUGALUSV 

I choked on my food and covered my mouth. My mom found enjoyment in my suffering and started to laugh.

"It was cute," She said and crossed her arms leaning against the table. I didn't comment anything else. "Oh! Also-" She got up with realization from the table and disappeared from the kitchen, she reappeared with a piece of clothing. I got up from the table slowly towards it.

"Mom....is that...?" She nodded.

"Yes, I saw your journal and decided to make it for you," I teared up and held it in my hand.

"It's beautiful." She started to tear up as well.

"I am so happy and so proud of you Izuku, you have come so far and it will pay off honey," She smiled and I wiped my tears, I ran in for a hug and she squeezed me.

"Thank you mom," I sobbed.

I will become a hero,

for All Might,

for mom,

for everyone who needs to be saved.

.