A Selfish Heart Ache

Author's notes: Hyeyeyyeye wassup peeps. Hehe sorry I don't have much art to post of Izuku, my art style changes too much it's too painful to see TT-TT

"I'm sorry, Kacchan."

The pain in his face, the pure agony it ripped me into shreds of guilt. He shoved his hands back into his pockets and looked down. I couldn't bare to see his face either, it would break me. 

"But I-" I tried to say something to make him stay.

"I-I think we need some time apart." I didn't object, I couldn't. If I did there was no reason he should have stayed. I had only gave him pain, doubt and anxiety. 

I was selfish for not realising it sooner.

I walked back to my house, brimming with tears. I hastily wiped my eyes not caring if they became red. I opened the door and quickly closed it behind me. I ran to my room closing the door and locking it shut.

Be strong young Midoriya

All Might's words echoed in my mind.

But it was too late to be strong. I leaned against the door and quietly broke into pathetic whimpers. I dug the palms of my hands into my eyes, my cold hands felt cool against my heated face. 

It was all because of me.

I pushed him away.

And just when he had forgiven himself of his actions I took all his emotions and threw them on the ground and stomped on them.

Maybe we weren't meant to be together.

I had asked too much of him to just trust me. Stupid me. Why did I think I could just tell him to trust me? I knew something was wrong, something was bothering him. But I tried to convince myself it was nothing, I wanted him to be okay with it so I could only focus on training. I couldn't face the truth. I couldn't tell him the truth. 

He deserves better.

He doesn't deserve a weak, unfaithful, lying person like me.

He changed for me, he became better all for me.

And what did I give him?

Nothing in return.

I sobbed into the sleeves of my uniform, soaking the fabric. The salty tears drenched through my uniform and against my skin.

It felt like my whole world came crashing down.

But I couldn't keep making him suffer.

I blinked back tears as I took shallow slow breaths. 

But his....face....it was full of pain.....just pain.....

Was I ready to sacrifice our relationship for the good of him? But at the cost of his heart?

Be strong, and save people with a smile.

That's what I was doing, saving Kacchan from me.

I realised that that night would have been the last night I would ever talk with the Kacchan I once knew. 

.

.

.

.