Part 11

(Note: Only 1st person perspective is Yoru, the main character. If the 3rd person is used, it's not main character Yoru [I hope you guys still remember the other Yoru. Yes, it will get confusing] Also if 3rd person is used, it might be reflecting Yoru's inner state of unwilling to accept a certain identity)

"Orochimaru-sama." The girl said blandly as she bowed in front of the tall, pale, man. A silver-haired man stood next to Orochimaru as he smiled devilishly at Sakon, who stood behind the girl. Her short black hair fluttered by her cheeks as she brushed them aside, exposing her dull brown eyes. Somehow, through two years, she had managed to grow into a completely different person.

"Good work, Yoru," Orochimaru said with a smirk and Yoru bowed even deeper. Show your respect for him. She told herself as she attempted to reach an expression of awe.

It didn't turn out very well. She could feel it as the smile slipped back off her face again. One thing she could not learn from two years of experience with Orochimaru was how to smile. Even fake smile. Sakon claimed it wasn't that hard but... he was born as a trickster.

"We've delivered the katana you told us to give to the Sharingan Kakashi. He seemed not to suspect but I think we can no longer appear before him in this form, it'll be too much of a coincident. Also, Sakon almost called me "Yoru" in front of him." Yoru reported as she lifted her head and looked into Orochimaru's face. He was thinking.

"I did no—" Sakon protested but was stopped with a look from Orochimaru.

"How hard is it to remember the name Akira. From now on, just call her that," Orochimaru muttered with a cold up-lift of the lips and Yoru smirked under her breathe. She had been waiting to tell on Sakon for ages.

"I've prepared your medicine, Orochimaru-sama," The silver-haired man standing near Orochimaru suddenly cut in and walked between the two, holding out another bottle of sluggish liquids for his master.

"Can't you see, Kabuto? Orochimaru-sama doesn't enjoy your company. So piss off, you four-eyed dog," Sakon growled from behind Yoru, all of his past attempts to be pleasing was destroyed within a second.

"Kabuto, go meet Ukon," Orochimaru ordered, cutting off Sakon's cursings and Kabuto nodded, slightly tenser than before because of his snappy comment. Despite all of the twisted backgrounds and history of the people gathered here, everyone had one common goal. To please Orochimaru. It didn't matter if it was because of awe, admiration, manipulation, or just simply obedience... none of them wanted to get on Orochimaru's bad side.

"Yea, go you little doggie. Fetch Ukon." Sakon continued mercilessly and Yoru gave him a hard stare which finally shut him up. "Always protecting that little weakling," Sakon whispered into her ear as Kabuto walked off but Yoru stood still, not taking his bait, and instead, waited for further orders from Orochimaru.

To some extent, she felt a little sympathy for Kabuto... but his constant empty look and twisted words made it hard to understand or even get near him. The cases only worsened after that. His erratic smirks at her, the time when she walked in on his cutting apart a living human child, and even more horrid things.

She never remembered him as this kind of boy when she first met him... on the day where she had first crossed paths with the person that'll change her life. He had just stood there, in front of the entrance, his big eyes gazing back at her from behind those overly big glasses. She had thought it foolish.

Immediately after that, she had been sealed and placed inside that tube full of green-sticky liquid that clung and ate at her skin like acid. She had endured it for 6 straight years, whether unconscious or conscious, she had been in that tube for 6 years. She could remember being conscious some time, full of burns and weary because of an overly long sleep, her eyes trying to squint through the acid and at what was outside. One time, she remembered seeing the silver and the reflection of herself in those glasses. She had fallen back into unconsciousness after that.