Part 48

I unleashed the fire clones just as Kakashi and Sakura awoke Sasuke, Naruto, and Nara Shikamaru. The huge clumps of fire lumbered out through the purple flames, taking it's colour and ferocity, before forming into more slender and human-like forms. They should be enough to hold again at least 10 Anbu members, not to say against genins.

The only trouble would be Kakashi... but by the looks of where things are going, they seemed to be sending the genins away with Sasuke to safety.

Like hell that tactic is going to work. It's just making my job easier. Or, my fire clones' job.

"It's about to start, set up a border inside too," Kabuto ordered, shouting from his corner, and I nodded, extending my chakra so the flames formed a prism-shaped enclosure around me. This way, Orochimaru-sama can fight to his heart's content. I levelled my chakra, made sure it remained a stable output before putting my hands down to my side and sitting down onto the roof.

Now I just have to admire the coming fight.

Admire... when did I start using disgusting words like that?

I turned my head slightly and looked in at the two. The old man's eyes caught mine the moment I found his face.

So, he had been waiting to talk to me...?

"Yoru... maybe I had made a mistake in letting you go."

The aching on my arm began again, spreading like a fire.

"Hm... no, on the contrary, it only made it easier for her to find her belonging," Orochimaru-sama cut in, his eyes glinting coldly. However, his gaze was set on Kabuto rather than me. Maybe he hasn't realized what the loyalty seal has done to my arm yet. Maybe...

"It looks like next time I won't be able to escape this easily," The Third muttered as Orochimaru let go of his neck.

"Wouldn't it be tougher if someone came in and got in the way?" Orochimaru mused. The Third smirked, grabbing a hold of his Hokage's hat and cloak before throwing them off, revealing his battle wear.

The two launched themselves towards each other.

"Tile Shuriken!!!" The Third did the quick hand signs before launching the roof tiles at Orochimaru-sama. However, he didn't slow down, merely transforming his tongue into a snake and batting away the attack. In another quick flick of motion, the snake had wrapped itself around the Third's neck. Again.

"It sucks to be old doesn't it, Sarutobi-sensei," Orochimaru-sama cackled as the snake bit into the Hokage's neck.

Sarutobi-sensei? I didn't have much time to dwell on that before I noticed the Hokage's real body rising up from the ground behind Orochimaru. The bunshin Orochimaru-sama had attacked melted into a pool of mud.

Launching a huge wave of earth release at Orochimaru from the behind, the Third spat out a fireball, aimed directly at Orochimaru-sama's spluttering from.

"Bunshin again," I muttered. Orochimaru-sama had long hidden his body inside the roof to avoid attacks, leaving a snake to take his place. The bunshin burned into pieces as Orochimaru raised himself up from the ground.

Watching them fight like this... well, it proved to be surprisingly energy-consuming.

"Isn't it about time we stopped playing around?" Orochimaru-sama murmured as he slowly removed his Kazekage outfit, revealing the familiar yet heart-aching outfit.

"Yoru, watch closely as I kill this foolish old man," Orochimaru-sama raised his voice and yelled. Kabuto's head turned momentarily as I flinched from his words. The three Anbu members still stationed outside of the seal were now glaring at me with hating curiosity... if that was a thing.

"Summoning Jutsu: EDO TENSEI!" Orochimaru-sama quickly did the hand-signs.

Edo... tensei? The jutsu name was familiar. I copied Orochimaru-sama's chakra and hand-signs with my Sharingans and made a mental note of the name.

"FIRST!"

My eyes widened as I watched a coffin rise from the ground. The word "First" was carved neatly in the center.

"SECOND!"

The second coffin rose, shielding Orochimaru-sama from view. I had never seen this jutsu used before but seeing the actual process summoned my memory of what I've read from Orochimaru-sama's research...

"THIRD!!!"

The old man roared as he clasped his hands together, using his chakra to restrain the third coffin from rising. The word "fourth" was carved into the coffin.

By now, I could already guess who laid in there.

I tried to lift myself up from the ground but instead toppled over. Have I been sitting for too long? Ukon's eyes shifted momentarily and I caught his eyes. He shook his head sternly before putting all concentration back into maintaining the barrier. Rolling my eyes, I tried to lift myself up again. This time, my body simply didn't hold my weight. I tumbled and almost crashed through the formation. Grabbing onto the solid bricks under me, my head managed to stop spinning, which, again, I had not realized was happening.

"Get yourself together," I swore as I pinched my arm. The pain helped sharpen my senses a little. I stared through the fog at Orochimaru-sama. He was effortlessly summoning the two Hokages. The coffins crashed open as the First and Second Hokage stepped out, their faces caked with dust and eyes hollow. My vision almost completely snapped off as I fell knees first onto the ground. This time, both Kabuto and Ukon glared over.

"Yoru... is that all you can take?"

I glared up but Orochimaru-sama was still intently animating the souls of the two Hokages.

"I thought your chakra would come in useful... didn't realize that your body holds so little."

I looked around frantically but no one was within sight. The voice... it was cracked, dry and monotone. It was undoubtedly Orochimaru-sama. But what does he mean, my chakra...?

The blackout happened once again as Orochimaru-sama held his hands together into a seal, activating the two "puppets". The Old Man stood there, his eyes wide and almost terrified. What hope remains for him? He's standing before two of the great Hokages, the founders of Konoha. And there he is, the Hokage who should've retired long before. I let myself fall back into my small prison and held my head. The inky flames were curling up my chest now.

"Sleep now. Your use comes later."

My mind went blank.