Part 28

The house was pretty nice.

It was actually very nice.

I'm pretty sure Konohagakure cleared out a whole part of the village just for the Chunin Exams. Like seriously.

This place is HUGE.

"WAAAAAAAAA~" Sakon shouted in his usually idiotic voice and started stomping around the room. It was a huge, empty house with practically nothing in it. Kabuto, who arrived around one hour ago, had borrowed some blankets from god knows where and they were stacked neatly in the corner. This was a whole house. REALLY. To ourselves? For someone that's been living in either cramped apartments, caves or underground tunnels my whole life, this is the best treatment I've gotten for quite a while.

Sunshine spilt into the room from the open doors and I saw Ukon peacefully sitting there drinking a cup of tea, enjoying the light breeze...

Where are my dangos?

What followed are not describable by words... let's just say it was a mess.

*******************

Work had been piled onto Hatake Kakashi every day at an extraordinary amount. But then again, the Chunin Exams were starting and he had volunteered to 1. Help out the genins and 2. Help out with organizing the different parts of the exam. Plus, he has his own team to take care of.

"Kakashi-senpai!"

He turned around to the familiar call and faced the brown-haired, almond-eyed Anbu (now newly made) jonin. Yamato smiled awkwardly at Kakashi and waved. He had grown a lot over the few years and was now almost as tall as Kakashi himself. After the incident that had happened, Yamato decided to remain in the Anbu as an active member while Kakashi continued on to search for a team that would "pass". He had found the peculiar trio, the first ones that understood his lesson, just months ago...

"Senpai, it's been a long time, right?" Yamato said with a small grin and Kakashi nodded, stuffing his hands into his pant pockets and observing Yamato. He seemed more mature and confident now. He wasn't the submissive and feeble boy from just 2 years ago.

Especially after what had happened that night years ago.

Yamato seemed to have completely lost his fears and negative emotions. It was almost as though if he was filled with a new light. A new source of a driving force that leads him on through his career. Maybe it had been a good decision to never bring up her name. Maybe it was also a good decision for Kakashi to separate from the Yamato and let him grow up on himself. And he indeed has.

It somehow made him remember Team Ro, when all of them had worked together in the Anbu. Now... who knows where Itachi was, being an S-ranked criminal. It was an amazing feat that he had never been even sighted. Was it possible that he was dead? Kakashi highly doubted it. And where was she? Somewhere loose in those woods silently observing? Or had she travelled somewhere else and taken on a new identity. He would never know. The last time he had seen her in the Land of Waves, she had said something about the mirror.

Kakashi had, of course, looked into it and he had came out with the conclusion that it was the same mirror that he had found, cleaning the dead body of Yura almost 4 years ago. Apparently, according to the limited information he could find, it had the ability to trap "souls". Digging deeper though, Kakashi had found that it was, in fact, a shinobi tool that had been used to store the soul of the death and was never intended to be used on the living. From some old book at the back of the files room, he had found an expert saying that "the mirror would strip the ability of thought and reasoning...... if used on live creatures...... a certain barrier to the common knowledge...... what was stripped from the target will be returned in time".