Part 18

Sasori stood still as he watched the girl fall, once again, to her own hands

Sasori stood still as he watched the girl fall, once again, to her own hands. Her eyes were clouded and her words slurred. But the message was clear. She won't stop until Kabuto was dead.

Undoubtedly, Kabuto had definitely betrayed him but... something still told Sasori that he still had information to share. The other silver-haired boy, having been thrown far out of Yoru's mind, had been carelessly dropped back to the ground.

Sasori braced himself for Yoru's attack.

There was a second of silence before Yoru launched herself forwards and Sasori shuffled back a little to a safe distance. In a split second the girl was inches from Kabuto. Sasori felt a blast of wind surging through the air as his puppet body slid back, pushed away by the chakra storm. He squinted his eyes, glaring through the dirt and soot at Yoru, who had swung her sword to Kabuto's side. There was a moment of pause before she was set to kill again. But somehow. Somehow... that second of hesitation allowed Kabuto to draw a round mirror from inside his clothes. The blade cut through Kabuto's side as just as he directed the mirror straight at Yoru.

Her eyes widened momentarily before everything went still.

There was a dull thud as her sword fell from her hands to the ground. The blade glinted evilly like never before as it sat there, patiently waiting for the next time someone would pick it up and swing into flesh and bone.

Sasori narrowed his eyes at Yoru. It wasn't possible that she had suddenly decided not to fight.

No... something was wrong.

However, there was no way he could charge up now... it might result in a dead Yoru and he had no need for a dead partner.

"It's useless to try to save Yoru now... she's trapped," a croaking voice rasped from behind Sasori and he froze. It was impossible. He swerved Hiruko's head backwards and stared at Orochimaru.

"I haven't seen you for quite a while, Sasori. How's Akatsuki? As enigmatic as usual I suppose."

Sasori only stared at the sly man standing in front of him. He hadn't noticed Orochimaru approaching at all... something had dulled his senses. Maybe he was overly concentrated on the overwhelming chakra surrounding Yoru. Whatever it what, it had resulted in Orochimaru sneaking up to him.

He can't risk allowing that for a second time.

"What do you mean?" Sasori growled and whipped his tail menacingly. Orochimaru only smirked, his tongue licking his lips hungrily...

disgusting.

"I'm here to retrieve Yoru. I have let her wild for 6 years and that's enough. I will have her belong to me once again." Orochimaru drawled as he stepped forwards. Sasori narrowed his eyes and prepared for battle. He wouldn't let this traitor get anywhere near Yoru. He had heard from Hidan that Yoru was attacked by Orochimaru once before.