Part 34

"Senpai!!! Dango please~" Tenzo yelled through the crowd at the woman standing behind the displays. She nodded and continued on to make even more delicious, delicious, delicious dangos. The woman was originally part of the Anbu and she had quit, finally starting a dango shop instead. It was a privilege to know the boss in charge of the store. He would get a daily free servings after each day's hard work in the Anbu. Today, however, was special. His long-termed mission was passed to another team and so he returned to Konohagakure in just a few days, one day ahead for the end of the Second Phase. Some of his senpais had told him that Mitarashi Anko was supervising that test and... well, apparently, she was extremely strict.

"Can I try that?"

A small, feminine, voice called from beside him and Tenzo looked over. Like any other day at around this time, the front of the dango store was flooded with people both old and young, both shinobi and not. The girl, however, seemed to be... neither? She was leaning towards the counter, her face sticking up to the boss.

There was a mysterious aura around the girl and Tenzo was sure that he had never seen her before. But, her chakra seemed oddly familiar, sending a chill down his spine.

There was probably nothing to worry about and like always, he was over thinking it. The girl squeezed through the crowd, easily pushing aside a few Jonin and Chunins, before she stood before the displays and pointed at the store's special spicy dangos. She seemed to have never eaten one before, her black eyes staring intently at it as the boss took one out and handed it over to her. The girl nodded in response and slid back into the crowd.

"Odd." Tenzo muttered to himself as he turned around to get his own.

"Yo~"

The familiar voice met him instead.

"Kakashi-senpai! And so we meet again!" Tenzo shouted excitedly as his eyes found the Jonin's trademark silver hair. Kakashi smiled a little, rubbing his head, his eyes turning into moon like slits.

"I really didn't think I'd bump into you in a place like this. Wanna sit down and have a chat?" Kakashi offered and waved at the few empty seats behind.

"Sure!"

Tenzo quickly grabbed his dangos, thanking the boss, and retreating from the milling crowd. Kakashi-senpai was waiting in one of the corner seats, his eyes scanning the room with interest.

"I thought you went on a mission. What happened? You quit?" Kakashi spoke up as Tenzi slid down across from him.

"Oh, no. I wouldn't dare. The Hokage told me that another team would take care of the rest and that I should check out the finals for the Chunin Exam. I mentioned to him my curiosity but I never thought he'd take it seriously."

"Well, that's the Third Hokage for you." Kakashi-senpai answered with a wink. Tenzo smiled back. He knew that the Hokage was a lenient old man but he never thought the Hokage-sama would let him go on a break for personal interests.

"Excuse me, but is this seat empty?"

That voice again.

Tenzo turned around and looked at the little girl he had seen moments ago. Now, with a closer look, she seemed strongly build and her face of slight disinterest instead of the earnestness before. She voice was duller in comparison and she seemed unconcerned of anything. Not in an exactly positive way, but it wasn't bad either.

Kakashi-senpai, across from him, however, froze, his eyes widening at the girl. Did he find her attractive? Maybe senpai was reading Icha-Icha Paradise too much.

"Yoru......?"

Tenzo looked between the girl and Kakashi. Do they know each other?

"You... are?" The girl responded, her eyes taking in the two men before her.