Part 40

After idling for a few minutes, I walked up to where Kabuto was waiting. No one has given me a second look ever since the match started. The two proved both to be lethal opponents, at least enough to get the audience agitated.

Ukon spared me a side glance before returning his gaze to the unfolding battle.

"Nice to meet you too," I muttered back and leaned onto the railings, finally noticing the duel.

Well... basically the "Lee" kid was getting beaten up by One Tail. Gaara was just controlling his sand here and there, almost like toying. I can't say I like his style of fighting but I can't completely not acknowledge how convenient that is. Sit back and just let the sand do the job? I would give up my dojutsu for an ability like that. But then again, this loses the meaning of the battle itself and the joy that comes with destruction by your bare hands. The ability to control, and to crush the opponent completely underneath you, making sure they never rise from the swamp of shame.

I enjoy that style of fighting.

The scene before my eyes is literally like a first grader on the playground, being bullied by the third grader. It was obvious who would win.

By this rate, Lee would break his spine and a few ribs to even touch One Tail. It's not as though if touching will manage to defeat Gaara unless you manage to keep smallpox on your fingertips.

Not that this is anyhow related.

I took in a deep breath and sighed, closing my eyes to rest again.

"How's the genjutsu holding up?"

I didn't respond.

The four-eyed "sensei" beside me took in a deep but agitated breath and I could almost feel his urge to kill me. And yet he forgets the fact that if it wasn't for me, he would be dead.

That is one decision I do regret.

"I can cut a few strings in the chakra system and you genjutsu will instantly break," Kabuto threatened for no apparent reason and I shrugged. Doing so would have no benefit for him and therefore, he would do no such thing. Breaking my genjutsu would only mean for trouble for him and Orochimaru-sama. Maybe he's learned to be a better dog than before ever since whatever Orochimaru-sama had done to him.

"So?" Kabuto prompted once more. I rolled my eyes and told him it was fine. He seemed fairly discontent with my answer but he turned away and back to looking at the arena.

The battle intensified as Lee finally dropped the weights on his feet, making a huge scene of it. This would make the match better on his side but still... extremely dangerous.

"Who's left to go?" I asked Sakon as he gripped the iron bars and started yelling with triumph. Ukon peered at me and I nodded. So he hasn't gone yet.

"There's the girl on the team next to us." Ukon nodded at the Hyuga girl and I activated my eyes, peering at her chakra system. She seems to have potential to master the Gentle Fist...... or has she already? The chakra on her body seemed oddly familiar, I might've seen it before around the village. Neji.... his scent was also vaguely on the girl.

"Who else?" I asked and looked around again.

"It's just the two of us."

I widened my eyes and smirked. So Ukons going against the small, innocent girl. Some part of me felt bad for the Hyuga girl but also for Ukon. He's going to have to beat up that girl without the guilt and she's going to have to be beaten up. Real bad.

"She's cute," Sakon noted and I smacked him on the head. He's looking at the enemy and calling them cute? True, Sasuke was cute. Only "was". Narutos also a lovely child... Kakashi does have a sense of humour........ STILL! You're not supposed to sympathize with the enemy (despite the fact that I just did. Ugh), especially call them cute.