Part 39

After the pink haired girl fought the pretty blonde girl, the kunoichi called Tenten walked down into the arena with the Sunagakure kunoichi. Just a few moment after their battle started, Ukon turned and found a little genin girl looking at him. She seemed still slightly worn out from the Death Forest battle but overall, she seemed energetic enough to be staring intently at him and Sakon.

Ukon gave her a smirk and she smiled shyly, turning back to her teammates. A messy black haired kunoichi was their sensei. She stood behind the three, standing upright and looking seriously at the battles below. She seemed to be less experienced than all the other Jonins and her chakra was indeed very unique. In some ways, it seemed to be like Yoru's.

"That girl's looking at you again," Kabuto whispered from behind Ukon, his hands firmly landing on his shoulder.

"Yes, daddy."

Kabuto froze as a half-exasperated, half-annoyed expression dawned onto his face. Ukon didn't wait for a reaction before he stalked off, straight towards the pure white-eyed girl. Kabuto gave out a little warning grunt from behind Ukon but he didn't spare him a second look.

This is what he gets for putting their last name as 'Yakushi'.

"Hey."

The worst way to start off an introduction but that was all he knew. What else can he say? "Why are you looking at me?". He'll be a freak if he said that... plus, it would sound like he didn't want the attention.

The little girl grew rigid and slowly turned to look at Ukon. Her eyes were sightly fearful as she gave looks to her two teammates behind her. There was a creepy looking genin with a doggy genin. They didn't seem to be at all noticing what was happening. The three's sensei was eying Ukon warily, but she didn't have the wits to tell him to leave.

"Yes?" The little girl muttered back, looking down at her feet, trying to hide her face in her hoodie.

"What's your name?" Ukon asked casually, trying his best to smile.

"Hinata... Hyuga Hinata......" She muttered back, her voice still tiny. The sounds of clashing kunais and iron weapons down below were gradually growing annoying. Could they just let him talk to this girl?

"My na—"

"Yakushi Sakon-kun, right?"

Ukon froze. Of course. Of course. She hadn't paid attention to the fact that he and Sakon were identical. She thought that he was Sakon. Was that why she was so afraid? After what Sakon had done to Uchiha Sasuke, there's no doubt she would be staring.

And here Ukon was, thinking that she was actually interested in him.

"No... I'm Ukon."

The girl chuckled a little. Ukon looked down at her and scratched his head. He didn't know what was even going on anymore.

"You're Yakushi Sakon's twin?"

Ukon looked up. The sensei looked at him steadily with her red eyes, expecting an answer. However, in those similar blood coloured eyes, there was no threat, nor hostility. Merely a firm and confident look. It was so different what Ukon was used to. The emotions hidden within the depths of the Jonins' red eyes are... kind? Gentle? They were far from Yoru's.

"Yes, madam," Ukon responded, trying to make himself look as sincere as possible. The sensei nodded and looked over at Sakon by the side of Kabuto.

"Is that white-haired man your sensei? I've never met him officially before."

Ukon nodded. Kabuto had probably tried to avoid contact with any of the Jonins. It would be wise to do that.

"Not many have heard of our village. It's not uncommon if you haven't seen us around." Ukon replied pleasantly. To be honest, he didn't remember the last time he had been so respectful in front of anyone.