Part 54

Yoru, no... she goes by Akira now, could feel the girl beyond these doors. Beyond the walls. Something blocked her away from her other-self. She's been feeling that for an entire week. Ever since Orochimaru-sama had initiated his plan. Ever since she witnessed Kabuto, Ukon, Sakon, hauling along Orochimaru, fleeing the city. Without Yoru. Without her.

"Akira-san... Kakashi-senpai said that he can only allow me inside..." Tenzo turned around with an apologetic tone. He had been furiously arguing with Hatake Kakashi for the past 10 minutes, trying to get a pass to see the girl inside. Yoru inside...

Kakashi turned and stared at Akira. He had always been this way to her. Despite that Tenzo had completely trusted her, Kakashi probably can never get my face out of his mind. The Yoru inside the room. The Yoru outside of the room. All of it was too much for him.

During the month in the village, she had taken her time to adjust to her new name. Akira. And she had taken time to report every detail to Orochimaru-sama or Kabuto. However, she hung out with Tenzo even more.

Her body matured even more.

Now, she was completely identical to Yoru. Maybe only younger by a year.

At this rate, she'll become a grandmother by the time she hits...

What a joke.

She can't even remember her true age anymore, having lived her life in an adult's body, living an adult's life.

"Kakashi-senpai..." Tenzo turned around again. He seemed close to explosion. Akira spoke up this time.

"Kakashi-kun."

The man froze for a second before turning to her, his face instantly dulling and his eyes growing sharp.

"You want to know what my relationship is with Yoru, right?"

Kakashi stared at her in silence before nodding briskly.

"I'm afraid I'm not the one to answer that question. But, Kakashi-kun, if you let me and Yoru talk, maybe you'll get something out of it too."

Tenzo's eyes widened.

He hasn't seen Yoru at all since she returned to Konoha. Of course not... of course not. Yoru would never allow that, would she?

"How can I trust that you're not trying to help Yoru out?" Kakashi demanded, his eyes narrowing even further.

"Kakashi-senpai... Akira-san has been with me every single day since we met. She hasn't shown any sign of violence or... I don't know... Akira-san... she can't possibly relate to the criminal. She's a victim... that's what she is! She's framed and forced by that murderer..." Tenzo broke through, grabbing Akira's hand as he pulled her towards the cell door.

Kakashi's eyes widened painfully as he stepped back in surprise, letting Tenzo pound at the door screaming insults at the "criminal" inside.

Yoru... can she hear them through the walls?