Part 38

Kakashi finished tracing the red inked symbols on Sasuke's body and stepped back. The Uchiha boy nodded at him to start and Kakashi gave him an half encouraging smile. The jutsu wasn't complicated but it required concentration and preciseness in the chakra control. He had never had to actually use it on someone but... a sealing jutsu like this would always hurt. Narrowing his eyes, Kakashi performed the jutsu. The complicated hand signs had concerned him but he could do it now. He had to.

"SEALING JUTSU!" He yelled as he slapped his palm onto the black markings which sunk into Sasuke's shoulder. He had to make sure Sasuke's chakra won't go wild under whatever it was on his shoulder. The boy had told him that he was attacked in the Second Phase and it felt as though if a snake had bitten him. His descriptions made things no better. When he was conscious again, he had apparently beaten up Hyuga Neji, the boy from Gai's team, and Sakura. He had almost no remaining memory on what had happened.

The red symbols crawls towards Kakashi's palm, sinking themselves in Sasuke's pale skin. Sasuke shouted and squirmed under Kakashi's grip as the symbols finally dissolved into a red circle around the black mark.

With that, Sasuke fell unconscious, crashing into the ground. Kakashi let out a deep breath and wiped his forehead. He hadn't been entirely confident with his sealing jutsu but this was the best he could do before a medic can get to Sasuke. Whoever had done this to him... Kakashi would be sure to find out and kill them for good.

"I never thought you'd learn the sealing jutsu."

Through the darkness, a voice called from behind Kakashi.. There wasn't supposed to be anyone here. Kakashi had made sure to pick the deserted back stage of the arena to perform the jutsu and he had made sure no one saw him slip away. He had even made sure to lock the old, stone doors with a seal and cleared the area of chakra scent. He couldn't risk anyone else finding out about the mark on Sasuke's neck.

"That's a cursed seal, if you were wondering." The voice continued. Cursed seal...? The presence seemed familiar now. That overwhelming chakra... his hissing voice. Kakashi slowly turned around, his eye wide with apprehension. If this was who he thought it was...

Orochimaru stared back at him, his face slightly amused, that smile still plastered on his face. The evil chakra lit up the room in a dim purple light as the Sannin took a step forward.

"You're..." Kakashi muttered to himself, still unbelieving what's before his eyes.

"Long time no see, Kakashi-kun." Orochimaru responded. To be clear, Kakashi didn't remember the last time he had seen the Legendary criminal but... they had met each other at least once before.

But way after that, he had also heard of him too many times. Yamato. The Hokage. The Anbu Bingo book.

From Yoru.

His heart ached slightly as the name surfaced again. Why was the snake here, now. What does Orochimaru want with him? He said that the mark was a "cursed seal"... if that was the case, Kakashi needed to report this to the Hokage-sama. He would have more idea on what everything is about after talking with the Hokage and if the situation was worse than he expected, he might not even walk out of here alive.

"But excuse me, I'm not looking for you, Kakashi... I'm looking for the Uchiha boy behind you." Orochimaru continued, his gleaming yellow eyes taking in the unconscious Sasuke behind Kakashi. He was after Sasuke? Could it be that he wanted the Sharingans...? There was one thing for sure, Kakashi would never let this wretched betrayer get his hands on Sasuke. He still had responsibility over his students and he would not fail himself at the first try of being a sensei.

"What do you want from Sasuke?" Kakashi retorted, stretching his hands out protectively, ready at any time to strike. He had to admit, his instincts aren't as good as when he was in the Anbu but he had enough agility and strength to fight off Orochimaru. At least sacrifice himself along the way if it comes to that.