Part 26

The day was dreary like usual. Being stuck inside a wet, humid, and cramped underground base wasn't something fun at all. Especially when it stinks of compost and dirt...

I sighed and rubbed my temples, trying to ignore Sakon's shouts in the distance. I was sitting inside my room, rubbing oils onto the bruise on my leg. Kabuto had managed to cut a tendon or muscle inside my leg a few days ago in our duel and it still had not healed completely. And here Sakon was, searching for me to fight with him again.

To be honest, it wasn't as though if it would be any trouble. He was pretty weak and I could defeat him with my feet and hands bound. No joke.

With one genjutsu, he would be down.

"Use this."

I lifted my eyes and looked at the man standing at the door of my room. His eyes were covered behind his glasses and in his hands was a bottle of greenish pigment.

"I made it myself. Try it out. It's better than using expired oils you found in the back of some abandoned storage room."

"Right..." I limped over to Kabuto and grabbed the bottle, throwing it onto my bed and sending him back out again with one kick of my good leg. I could feel him wander for a few seconds in front of my door before turning around and leaving, probably to tend to Orochimaru now.

"Ukon, you can come out now," I whispered into the darkness and the silver haired boy slipped out of the shadows in my room. He had honed his skills even more within the month since I had returned.

Its been a month already...

I looked up at the ceiling and smiled.

Its been a month since I returned.

"I can't believe you're sneaking behind Kabuto-sama's back. Don't you have no sense of shame?" Ukon muttered as he snatched the oil from my hands and ripped them open, applying them to his own bruises. I sighed as I chopped him squarely on his head, quickly catching the small bottle of medicine.

"My loyalty seal only applies for Orochimaru-sama, nothing tells me I have to obey a four-eyed nerd," I noted for the nth time since I returned. Especially when he has some weird attachment to you and you guys have some dank dark history.

Oh right, and the loyalty seal.

I rubbed my neck and traced my fingers along the black tattoo snake that had winded itself from my neck all the way down my left arm. It had been growing for the past month and it disturbed me slightly the rate of its growth. It was as though if the tattoo was living...

But in that sense, I have no way to confirm that it isn't.

"Does it bother you? It's similar to my cursed seal isn't it?"

I shook my head. I had no idea myself what was flowing through me anymore. As far as I can tell, I might be slowing being eaten by some microbe snake that feeds on human blood cells.

"Oh right, I was originally sent here to tell you that Orochimaru-sama wants to meet you.

I stared at Ukon and smiled a completely kind and innocent smile.

"And you tell me one hour later?"