Part 59

The blonde growled up at the ceiling. Even though Ero Sennin had promised him training for the past week? (has it been that long yet?), he was out again, with some woman. Naruto flipped another page in the book. He had picked up one randomly out of Ero Sennins pockets when he wasn't paying attention and it was called "Harem: 99 ways to Flirt".

The doorbell rang.

He looked up. Was Ero Sennin back this soon? Had he finally come to his consciousness and realized that his dear, dear, genin needs some training? Naruto leapt up enthusiastically, despite already yelling out complaints. Today is going to be a good day. He could feel it.

Gripping the handle of the door, he opened it wide, a grin already taking over his face. But facing the sole person standing before him, he realized that something was wrong.

"You-"

In an instant, his mouth had been stuffed and eyes blindfolded. The next, he felt his mind slip away into the darkness.

Itachi and Kisame stared through the open door. This had been where Naruto was seconds ago.

"Fuck... I thought sending out a woman to lure that jonin was enough." Kisame muttered as he kicked around the room. The bed was still messy, a book thrown carelessly over the covers. Itachi doubted Jiraiya would have time to return so swiftly, and even before they entered the room.

"They knew what they were doing, that's for sure," Itachi muttered, as he flipped over the book. It had laid open on the bed.

She slid her hands into his as he gr...

Itachi threw the book onto the ground, grabbing a kunai, and shredded the whole thing. Kisame peered at him curiously but said nothing.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Chase." Itachi commanded, waving Kisame over to the window, trying to hide his heated face as he caught view of the book cover.

What was he thinking of these days...?

Shaking his head, he refocused.

The culprit had entered through the door and left through the window, meaning he or she was fully aware of Itachi and Kisame coming up the stairs. They had purposely avoided them... and successfully.

"HEY!"

Itachi whirled around, sending out a huge fireball at the doorway, mainly to conceal their faces. Grabbing Kisame, he hauled them through the window and crashed onto the roofs below.

"Over there!" Kisame yelled, pointing towards the distance. A shadow was leaping away, the form of a boy between their arms. Itachi nodded swiftly and followed Kisame away, taking a small peek behind.

Jiraiya was standing by the broken window, his white hair and red clothes glowing under the sunlight. Itachi sucked in a breath and cast his vision ahead again. The shadow was moving fast. Towards the forest. He didn't need his eyes this time to tell who that was.

The village was peaceful as I navigated my ways through the alleys and roofs. The boy was resting like a small bird between my arms, his blonde hair ruffled by the wind. I had removed the gag and blindfold as soon as I left the room. It had only been used to hide my identity but... I'm not sure whether the boy actually saw me or not.