Sixteen

Everyone was so excited that Olivia was pregnant. Collin and Denise couldn't wait for their daughter to have a baby of her own, and to prevent them from telling her parents, on the car ride home Olivia called each of her brothers and told them that she was pregnant.

"So, do you have any major symptoms?" Denise asked as she walked into the kitchen that night. Olivia was sitting at the table drinking tea because for some reason she was having a hard time falling asleep.

"Exhaustion has really been the main one, and the fact that my clothes are tighter is another one."

"How did you figure it out? There is always just something that clicks." Denise spoke, as she sat down at the table. Olivia went and got her another cup and sat it in front of her mother before pouring some tea into it.

"When I got back home after spending time with you and Dad, I was exhausted. Like I went into work, but then it just hit me hard and I had to come home and sleep. Elliot worked overnight and Maureen was at a friend's house so I slept from when I got home till when they got home the next day. I laid in bed that night with Elliot and told him that I thought I was pregnant and we confirmed it the next morning." Olivia smiled.

"You are meant to be a mother, Livvie. You are great with Maureen and knowing that you are going to have a baby is amazing. And if you don't mind, I'd-"

"Mom, you are going to be completely involved, and I expect you to be there when I have the baby."

"Not Serena?" Denise asked, and Olivia swallowed hard.

"Who told you?" Olivia breathed.

"Elliot did. He called me crying the night that he went to see her, and then tonight he let it slip that you have been spending time with her." Denise breathed. Olivia frowned as she looked at her mother.

"I was going to tell you, but I didn't want to hurt you..." Olivia spoke, as she felt tears well in her eyes. She didn't want her mother to be angry at her, and she knew that this happening right now, right after she told her family she was pregnant, wasn't the time.

"Olivia, she is the woman that hurt you. The woman who tried to kill you. I know that she might seem good right now, but she isn't a good person." Denise replied.

"Mo-"

"Come on, Liv. I don't want you to see her. I thought that your father and I had helped you realize that you were too good for her... That she didn't deserve you!" Denise exclaimed.

"But she changed, Mom! I've changed! You and Dad have changed! Why can't you see that? Why do you have to tell me what to do even if I'm a married woman who is expecting her own baby?!" Olivia cried.

"Because you are still my child! I don't want you getting hurt!" Denise yelled. A few heavy footsteps came down the stairs and Elliot walked into the kitchen.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"Nothing. Let's go back to bed." Olivia whispered as she wiped tears from my cheeks.

She stood up and grabbed her husband's hand before pulling him from the room.

"Liv?" Elliot whispered.

"I'm not talking about this, El. I just want to sleep... and maybe not wake up for a few days."

///

The next morning, Olivia was supposed to see Serena and have lunch with her and introduce her to Maureen, but since Olivia's parents were in town, Olivia let Maureen stay home instead.

"Where are you going, Momma?" Maureen asked as she walked into Olivia's bedroom. Olivia kept trying on different shirts, but all still felt tight and she was feeling anxious.

"I'm going out to lunch with my... friend..." Olivia spoke, as Maureen climbed onto her parents' bed.

"Can I come?" She asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, honey. You are going to stay here with Grandma and Papa. I'll be back home after lunch." She replied.

"Bu-" Maureen started, but she stopped when Denise walked into the room.

"What's happening?" She questioned.

"Momma won't let me go out to lunch with her." Maureen huffed.

"I thought we were all hanging out here today..." Denise trailed off.

"This was a plan I made weeks ago. Don't worry, I won't be long." Olivia frowned. She grabbed a larger sweater and pulled it on over her tank top. Olivia felt more comfortable about her body now, so she walked over and pushed Maureen back and started to tickle her.

"I love you, Mo. Be good for Grandma and Papa, and if you are good, I'll bring you home something special." Olivia spoke, as her daughter laughed.

"Okay! I'll be good, Momma! I love you too!" Maureen exclaimed. Olivia leaned down and kissed her forehead gently before turning and walking out of her room, without talking to her mother.

///

Olivia sat with a slightly disappointed Serena. She didn't know why Olivia didn't bring Maureen, and Olivia refused to tell her the real reason why.

While they were eating, someone said Mom, and Olivia ignored it because it wasn't in the sweet voice of her daughter, but then Serena stood up and quickly hugged the people who said it. Olivia looked up and saw Cole, Ruby, and Jackie standing there.

"Uh." Olivia breathed, as Serena turned around and smiled at her eldest daughter.

"Liv, these are your siblings. The shorter one is Jackie, the curious one." Serena smiled. Olivia stood up and quietly reached her hand out to her youngest sister.

"Hi, Jackie."

"Olivia." She replied coldly. Olivia shook her other siblings' hands before they all sat down at the table, which Olivia now knew why they had gotten a bigger table.

"So, how was shopping?" Serena asked, as she took a cup from each of her kids and filled it with ice water. Olivia kept her eyes down and focused on the centerpiece.

"It was good. Dad might be a little upset that I spent over $100 on a new jacket." Ruby spoke. Olivia knew from that moment that her younger siblings were spoiled rotten.

"As long as you don't do it all the time, it shouldn't be a big deal. So, Olivia, do you want to tell the kids some stuff about you?" Serena spoke.

"Uh, what do you want to know?" Olivia breathed.

"Why did you get in contact with our mother after she gave you up?" Jackie huffed.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D