THE BIG DAY

Aimee's POV
Today's the big day. The day that me, Shawn, and Adalynn move in officially as a family living on our own. I'm nervous but also excited and sad. We are moving all the way to Miami so we wont be with our families 24/7 but I think its important that we start a new life. A fresh life. We just had a baby and with everything that had happened I think it's best to get Adalynn away from it and start a new life.

I'm so glad Shawn asked me to move in with him. I honestly dont know what I would've done if he didnt ask. I love him so much and even just thinking about not being with him broke my heart.

"Ready babe?" Shawn asked, walking in my bedroom as I finished pumping. "Yes. Do we have enough diapers and bottles for Adalynn? We have a long car ride ahead of us" I asked, standing up and put the breast pump back in the bag.

"Yeah. We should have enough!" Shawn answered, grabbing most of the bottles and I grabbed the rest. I looked back at my bedroom one last time. "See you soon" I smiled, turning the light off and shutting the door.

We walk downstairs to see everyone taking turns holding Adalynn and saying goodbye. Shawn's family was here as well to say goodbye. I smiled, trying not to cry. Shawn puts the bottles in the diaper bag and grabbed the rest from me.

"We're going to miss you so much baby!" My mom says, tickling Adalynn and I just ran out of the house bursting into tears. Shawn follows behind me and ran after me. I was about to fall till Shawn caught me.

He slowly sits down still holding onto me. "Shhh baby. What's wrong?" He says, rocking me back and forth trying to calm me down.

"I just feel so guilty Shawn!" I cried. I dont know how I managed to get the words out. I couldn't stop crying. "For what?" He asked.

"For taking Adalynn away from her family. For taking her away from my family! I'm starting to think that this isnt right for her or me" I answered honestly.

"That is not true!! Dont ever say that again!" My dad scolded walking towards us. "Shawn, start getting Adalynn ready. I have to talk to Aimee for a sec" My dad says and Shawn nods walking away. He looked so disappointed.

"Aimee, you're doing what a mature adult would do. You deserve to move out to Miami. You always wanted to move there and nows your chance. You're not taking Adalynn away from us. We could always visit and you could always come here. Yes, we're upset but we'll get over it" he says and I smiled.

"He's speaking the truth" my mom says, walking out. "Besides, we're taking another vacation next week and we're going down to Miami to see you and the apartment" my mom added and I laughed. "Seriously?" I asked, standing up and rubbing my butt to get the dirt off.

"Yes. We got plane tickets last night. We only have to look for a hotel so when you get there send me the address so we could find one nearby" she says. "Okay but it may be expensive cause if I'm not mistaken we're right near the beach" I sat, chuckling.

"Aimee, its miami. I think all hotels are going to be expensive" my dad laughed. I nod smiling as I hug both of them. "GROUP HUG!" Jeremy yelled, running out and jumping on us making us all for. "JEREMY!" I yelled, punching his arm laughing.

"What sis?" He asked, innocently as we all got up. "I am not going to miss this" I laughed, obviously jokingly. "Yeah you will!!" He laughed, pulling me in a tight hug practically choking me. I looked over at Shawn to see him put Adalynn in the car. He walks over to us and I smiled. Adalynn is still gassy and she isnt feeling well so we're still giving her the medicine.

She's a little better but not 100 percent. The moving company came like 2 days ago to get all of our stuff to bring to the apartment so it should be there when we get there. It was mainly Adalynn's nursery.

We left my stuff here except my clothes so we have a dresser and some where to sleep when we visit so when we get there we pretty much have to shop for a lot of furniture except for Adalynn.

"Ready?" Shawn asked and I smiled nodding. We hug everyone and said goodbye. "Please call me when you get there" my mom says and I nod. "If you ever need anyone dont hesitant to call me. I'll still be there for you and help you out" I say, hugging Aaliyah and she nods letting tears slip.

"Dont hesitant to call me either" shawn says, hugging her and she smiled. "See you next week!" I laughed, hopping in the car. "Do we have everything for Aaliyah?" I asked and Shawn nods closing my door.

He runs around and hops in the drivers side. Adalynn was sleeping again so it was pretty much quiet. We waved one last time before he started to drive. Here's to a new adventure.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Comment for another chapter!! ❤❤